Erroneous Trades - Control Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erroneous Trades - Control Center

Hi. I have 3 CL trades showing up on my "Trades" tab for July 28th (Sunday) which are actually trades that occured on July 26th (Friday).

They are showing up on both days (unfortunately they were losing trades, otherwise I wouldn't complain).

The erroneous trades on my Sunday report show 10:30 AM for both the entry & the exit. The "entry name" is "External". The CL market was closed Sunday at 10:30 AM.

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.14? You can check this under Help--> About.

Was NinjaTrader restarted between Friday and when you connected today? Or was it open between sessions?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.14? You can check this under Help--> About.

Was NinjaTrader restarted between Friday and when you connected today? Or was it open between sessions?
      V7.0.1000.14
      I don't know exactly when I stopped it & restarted it. If I had to guess I'd say I stopped it Friday evening & restarted it Sunday morning.

Comment

Hello,

I see - thanks.

You can remove this erroneous execution by going to the Executions tab of the Control Center, locate the execution and select "remove".

You may need to shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to the date of the execution in order to remove it.

So I may look into why this occurred and how to prevent it, Please send me your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the note.

Comment

I sent the log files, so hopefully you receive them.
          (sent it twice because I forgot to reference this thread in the 1st e-mail)
          Last edited by MacAttack; 07-29-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Did you ever find anything out using the log files I sent?
            There is another erroneous trade in my account today.

It says I bought at 104.54 on 7/29 at 11:29:24. I did actually buy at 104.54 but it was at 11:27:06.

But then it says I sold that position at 103.65 on 7/30 at 6:31 pm. That is not correct.
            That position was closed out 7/29 at 11:29:25.

Comment

Hi,

I'm still looking into your report from earlier. If you received these duplicate executions again, can you please send me your most recent log and trace files so I can compare to your last report? This may help shed some light on to why this is occurring.

Comment

From what I can tell there is a phantom position somewhere in the database.

At the end of today I was short 4 contracts & closed 4 contracts.
                But when I look at the "Executions" tab it states my position is "Long 1 contract" after this final order. It should say flat.

(My very first trade today was a purchase of 2 contracts. The "Executions" tab shows that I was "Long 3 contracts" after that purchase).

Is there some way to fix this?

Comment

The position reporting is wrong because it counting a duplicate execution. You'll need to remove that execution to get the position to show up correctly.

I'll need to get your log and trace files for today to determine why this keeps happening.

Are you restarting NinjaTrader after the end of each session?

Comment

I sent the log files just now.
                    Yes, I shut down last night & restarted.

It has something to do with the trades occuring yesterday July 29th at 11:29:24 AM. That's where it gets out of sync. The time on the trades does not look correct either. They all say 11:29:24 AM for both entry & exit.

It says I sold at 104.53 & then it says I bought at 104.54 (Now Long 2)

I think something is missing though.
                    I think I sold at 104.53 & covered at 104.50.
                    Then I bought at 104.54 & sold at 104.60. (Should now be flat)
                    Last edited by MacAttack; 07-30-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Should I just delete the 4 executions from 11:29:24 AM?
                      If I do that then the Executions tab would show I finished flat yesterday.

I'm just not sure if deleting executions messes anything up with by actual brokerage account.

Also if I delete them do I just delete from the "execution" tab, or do I need to do something on other tabs also?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, you can delete them. It would not affect your live account.

You only need to remove them from the execution tab. I'd suggest repairing your database under Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Repair DB after they have been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                          Yes, you can delete them. It would not affect your live account.

You only need to remove them from the execution tab. I'd suggest repairing your database under Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Repair DB after they have been removed.
                          When I go to the "Executions" tab (not the one under Account Performance) it will only show executions from today. How do I delete an execution from yesterday?

Under Account Performance I chose yesterday's date, but that doesn't seem to affect the "Executions" tab.

Comment

If you're looking to remove executes from a previous calender date, you'd need to shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock back to that date and then restart. You can then remove the executions, and then shut down and the clock back to today's date.

Before you do this, can you please send me your database per my last email?

Thanks

Comment

Things are still all messed up.
                              Is there some way to just reset the entire database?

For example today it says I sold 2 contracts at 12:00:42 ("Group trades by ATM strategy unchecked). That is not correct. It says I bought & sold at the exact same time of 12:00:42.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses