How to import AnFutures.com data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to import AnFutures.com data

I want to buy AnFuture.com ES minute data (& maybe tick), but am having difficulty using their converter to format it so NT will import it. I'd greatly appreciate any info on how to go about doing this.

I am having trouble getting 1) the date time fields set up as NT requires and 2) getting the file delimited semi-coln instead of a comma.

NT's Required format is:
    yyyyMMdd HHmmss;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume

In excel I have tried converting the time from numbers to text, merging the time column with a column with 00 in it to added the ss field, etc etc...& still haven't succeeded.

Getting HHmmss with leading & trailing 00's seems to be the tricky part.

I'm very interested to hear how others who use there data have done the conversion in an efficient manner.

Many thanks

Rob

Unfortunately I am not an expert in formatting with Excel, but maybe if you posted an example of the original format your data is in the community can help you in the Excel process.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the suggestions & quick reply. I'll post a couple screen shots. I think it might be doable in excel, but to do so for many contracts would be a bear to do unless it can be automated somehow or there is a data converter like Datasharks (tried that - it doesn't seem accept AnFutures orginal format) that would do the job more easily.

AnFuture's original data in cvs file along with the file after it has been ran through their converter is attached.

I am hoping someone who uses AnFuture's data might have a better solution; or someone else can suggest another reasonably priced data provider with clean data.

(Open tick's data has gaps etc & requires an exchange fee that I'm already paying that to IB now.)

Rob
      Attached Files

Comment

If you have any programming ability you should take a look at Perl (http://www.activestate.com/), this kind of thing is about 10 lines of Perl code.

Comment

You could also contact any our NinjaScript consultants to write a quick converter. Its really not a lot of work as Pete_S pointed out.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray & Pete S,

Thanks for the replies. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I was away from home for a bit.

The Perl site looks interesting; Its been a number of years since I've done any programing. The site looks interesting, I might have a go at it. Or I just may have someone do it for me & concentrate my time on my trading.

I'm hoping some one might reply with an off the shelf converter or simple method they used.

Kind regards,

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

I have created an app to convert AnFutures file. Please take a look at

I worked with the sample data provided on the website.

Comment

Here are two links to NTDataConverter v1.1.zip

Please try
                http://www.filefactory.com/file/af4f...erter_v1_1_zip
                The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred