IB data Tokyo Stock Exchange chart not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB data Tokyo Stock Exchange chart not updating

The symbol is JGB futures. The symbol mapping is JGB|TSEJ. Historical minute charts load, but the chart does not update. When i open tick based charts(volume,range,tick) the chart remains blank with no price coming in even though tws is receiving data just fine.

Regards.

Hello,

IB would not provide tick data, so the blank tick data would be expected.

If you open this symbol from the Time & Sales window (File--> New--> Time & Sales), do you see real-time prints?

Checking the log tab of the Control Center, are there any errors related to this symbol when requesting data?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

You misunderstood me Matthew. The minute historical charts are not updating and not receiving new live data. And I know about not receiving tick historical data. But tick charts should also be updating with live data. That's not happening either. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

Comment

The Time and Sales remains blank. Minute historical data has no problems. But the minute charts don't update.

Comment

Here are the settings that should work in our testing. Make sure you have selected the correct currency.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your help Matthew. The minute charts are updating just fine now. All tick charts (range volume and tick) are blank and not receiving any data whatsover.
            Last edited by draco; 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Same error but with stocks

I am having exactly the same problem here - connecting via IB. I am trying to get the charts / DOM / T&S to update in real time for a few of the highest volume stocks e.g Softbank Corp which is 9984.

The mapping in the Misc tab is 9984|TSEJ - only historical minute charts work, they will not update in real time. Plus DOM/ T&S / Order Entry and all blank.

I have real-time data in TWS and it works just fine using the TWS platform.

Please can you help explain?

Or is NinjaTrader incompatible with stocks on the TSE??

Comment

Hello TheBoy,

I believe that we are in contact via email, is that correct? NinjaTrader's current version does not support instruments which consist only of number such as your example 9984.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes - that is correct. I posted here to see if anyone else has a workaround as I am kind of very disappointed that I have paid USD 1,500 for a product that is incompatible with one of the largest stock exchanges in the world (all the equity products are numerical numbers) rendering my NT pretty much worthless to me right now.

Until some future date when this obvious oversight is corrected. But as people seem to have been having this problem for 2 years plus already, I presume that it is not high on the priority list and could be a long time going forward until fixed?

Disappointed doesn't come close.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoy View Post
                    Yes - that is correct. I posted here to see if anyone else has a workaround as I am kind of very disappointed that I have paid USD 1,500 for a product that is incompatible with one of the largest stock exchanges in the world (all the equity products are numerical numbers) rendering my NT pretty much worthless to me right now.

Until some future date when this obvious oversight is corrected. But as people seem to have been having this problem for 2 years plus already, I presume that it is not high on the priority list and could be a long time going forward until fixed?

Disappointed doesn't come close.
                    I've checked on the progress on this item and allowing instruments with numbers is something we have slated to overcome in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Do we know yet for sure if NT8 will support instruments which consist only of numbers?

Comment

The master instrument cannot exists solely as numbers, but the symbol mapping will work. As long as you give the Master Instrument a name which would include a non-digit, it should work. Such as 9984T

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes