Two charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two charts

Please see attached i am having a problem with having two of the same instruments on same chart. Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When adding two or more Data Series to a chart, the property "Equidistant bar spacing" will automatically be set to "False" within the Chart Properties window. This is necessary so that mixed Data Series intervals, such as tick and minute, can now be viewed without the natural distortion due to time differences.

Please see the 'equidistant bar spacing' sub section of the multiple data series section of this link to our Help Guide for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by born again View Post
      Please see attached i am having a problem with having two of the same instruments on same chart. Thank you
      If you think about it, it is technically impossible that both bar series are evenly spaced.

Your chart is correct.

Comment

Kyle thank you but still no luck i agree with Harry how can this be possible with the time frames that i want to use

Comment

Hello,

I believe that Harry was actually agreeing with the Help Guide and I that this is how the chart should be displayed.

Returning to the concept of equidistant bar spacing: Equidistant Bar Spacing is a chart property that determines whether bars are plotted with an equal distance from each other, or plotted on a horizontal axis with even time spacing. This property will always be set to False when using a multi-series chart so that bars will be printed as they actually took place.

Since tick bars don't occur based on time, they can and often will be grouped as you've shown in the image which you provided since that is how the bars actually occurred in real-time.

If this is not a display which you find useful, you would need to return to a two window setup - one for each data series.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by born again View Post
            Kyle thank you but still no luck i agree with Harry how can this be possible with the time frames that i want to use

I had invited to you to think about your problem. It seems that you still do not understand the case. NinjaTrader displays that chart in a perfect way.

If you display range bars and minute bars on the same chart, then theoretically you have two options:

-> either the minute bars use equidistant spacing and the range bars are unevenly spaced
            -> or the range bars use equidistant spacing and the minute bars are unevenly spaced

The time scale is either linear or non-linear, but it cannot be linear and non-linear at the same time. NinjaTrader uses a linear time scale.
            Last edited by Harry; 08-01-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Thank you Harry that makes total sense

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM