Backup or copy to cloud storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup or copy to cloud storage

I would like to keep the NT data in cloud storage, however uploading the backups are taking hours now, with size of the historical data I have collected.
    Will it work if I move the whole NT7 folder from My Documents into the cloud storage folder and instead of backing up NT I will copy all NT folders. That way, I assume, only the new data will be uploaded to cloud, saving on time. And mainly, will I be able to use this copy to restore NT when needed, or perhaps use it on different PC?
    I intend to connect to cloud storage only for the time of uploading, to avoid any possible conflicts with NT.
    Thanks.

Hello,

The NinjaTrader 7 database technology requires that your database is installed to a local disk. You will need to keep your documents folder off of a network drive

More information on this limitation can be found below:

If you're looking to backup ALL settings and files of your NinjaTrader install you can backup the NinjaTrader 7 documents folder. You can also use the backup/restore utility to backup files as well. The utility will allow you to choose which files to keep. If you wanted to save time in your backups you could exclude market replay and historical data files to greatly decrease size and time required.

Let me know if I can further assist.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Lance.
      OK. I will back up filles, setings etc. and upload them to cloud storage, but not the replay and historical data. Now, instead of making backup of replay and historical data, can I just copy and upload this single "db" folder, which is the largest folder, and then pasting this large data back when needed?
      Thanks.

Comment

Yes the DB folder is where all the historical data and market replay data is stored.

Within the db folder, you won't need to backup the cache folder.
        The data folder contains your market replays
        the day, minute, and tick folder contain historical data.
        the NinjaTrader.sdf is your data base which contains historical trade data, atm strategies, instrument lists, etc

Let me know if I can further assist.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post spwizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        0 responses