Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinetick conneciton

Hi all,

Today I tried to establish a NT-kinetickRT connection from my work office. I just wand to have a look at the charts from times to times, when I'm at work.

Unfortunately the KinetickRT conneciton fails with the following message:
    Kinetick RT: Unable to read server IP addresses: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has(LoginFailed)
    Connections to Google and Yahoo EOD data work fine,Kinetick EOD doesn't. The same happens on two computers, one of which connects to Kinetick from my home.

It seems to me that my institution is blocking connections to Kinetick, but I have no idea why. Does anyone have suggestions for a workaround or what to tell to our IT?

I appreciate your help,

Marco

Hello Marco,

KineTick uses the following IP addresses and ports to establish a connection

*.interquote.com
    *.7ticks.com

Port 31654
    Port 60020

Please contact your IT department and check if these are blocked on the network.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason,

I couldn't figure out whether the IPs and ports are blocked. There was nobody today as they reduce staff for the holidays. Is there another way of finding out, or connecting using different ports?

Comment

Hello Marco,

Unfortunately it is not possible to setup different ports. It seems the issue is related to the office network. I suggest to test a different internet connection than the office network and check if you are able to connect.

Comment

Yes it is the office network, because the laptop connects at home. So the only solution would be to convince the admin to open Port 31654 and Port 60020

(I can connect to www.interquote.com and www.7ticks.com through my browser.)

Comment

Hello again,

I was wondering if there are any other providers of intraday data I could try (even a small delay would be ok).

I found out that IB works, but I need my pc at home to be logged in for monitoring, and they don't allow multiple connecitons. If I connect in my office it kicks out the conneciton at home.

Thanks,

Marco

Comment

Hello Marco,

Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post xiinteractive  
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes