Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Split adjust not working

symbol is VIXY

reverse split June 10, 2013 1 for 5 (Factor 0.2 as per Yahoo split info that was downloaded).

I bring up the chart and it still shows the non-split pricing with gap. I've reloaded all historical data?? but still shows the same non-split chart.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello Steve,

Thanks for writing in.

You will need to adjust for the split.
    Please see our Adding Split & Dividends - NinjaTrader Tips - 2/11/2013 YouTube video linked below for how to do this.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

nice video.

I forgot to mention - I already had "Adjust for splits" check-marked. It still is not working.

Other than that I have done exactly as per the video.

Comment

check this out.....

I just went and deleted the yahoo-downloaded split info (the only one defined by the way) and then reloaded the chart.

It now show proper split adjust, so i went back and looked one more time at the split-adjusted info to ensure there were none defined, which there is not.. yet the chart now appears fine as is with on split adjusts.

Certainly something funny there, but at this point I don't care since it displays properly, but it brings up another question.

Does the original data stay the exact same, and only the adjustments are added to it as required and defined, as you load a chart?

Put another way, say for instance in a futures continuous contract, am I correct to assume the original non-adjusted info is always there, but is adjusted appropriately as you alter the time-frame and/or adjustments, meaning you could change adjustments multiple times without ever damaging the data to the point that you could not reverse it?

Does this make sense? haha

Comment

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, the original price data for splits and merged back contracts is not modified, just the adjustments settings are added to plot them smoothly on the chart.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes