Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data

Dear Ninjatrader support,

my problem is, that I dont know how to implement long historical data, such as daily, weekly, which I have in an excel table into NinjaTrader. I looked into the folder NinjaTrader and data is saved in some format. NTD - for example, when I join to the CQG - but history data is of course only about 3 years back.

At one server, this data is available, include open, close, high, low, volume, open interest in a decent past, but I have no idea how to transformate this numbers in excel table to the candlestick (daily, weekly) in ninjatrader.

Thank you very much for any insight!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In order to import data in to NinjaTrader it will need to meet very specific formatting guidelines. Please see the following link to our Help Guide for more information about formatting and the process which is required to import the data itself: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much! Have a nice day.

Comment

Hello,

according to your instructions, I tried to import data from an excel table ending with .csv, which attach in the annex, but NinjaTrader loged: unable to import file. Instrument is not supported by repostiroy.

Its strange, when there is daily ES market data, why not import them NJ? Please look into the attached table. Do you know, whre is the problem? I read Instructions here http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?importing.htm, but no effect. Thank you very much.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Is this an exact copy of the file which you used? The title row (Date,Open,High,Low...) must be removed if that is the case. Additionally, the file must be renamed so that it meets NinjaTrader formatting restrictions. If this was ES 09-13 last price data, for example, the file would need to be named 'ES 09-13.Last.txt' in order to import.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice and patience!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin