Downloaded 32-bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded 32-bit?

Hi, I just downloaded the latest release today (7.0.1000.15), but I suspect that I downloaded the 32-bit version. The reason is because my shortcut to the 64-bit app no longer worked, and because the following lines were in today's trace file:

[before the download]
    2013-08-08 06:30:23:423 ******************* Session Start (Version 7.0.1000.13) *******************
    2013-08-08 06:30:23:423 Attaching global exception handlers...
    2013-08-08 06:30:23:563 InstallDir='C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\'
    2013-08-08 06:30:23:563 UserDataDir='C:\Users\egan\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\'
    2013-08-08 06:30:24:889 Cbi.Globals.MachineId: True/True
    2013-08-08 06:30:24:889 MachineId='7EEBBC14D3D3E12AF4E63AC9571EBC8C'
    2013-08-08 06:30:24:889 OS='Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1'/'Win32NT'
    2013-08-08 06:30:24:920 Processors: available=8 enabled=8
    2013-08-08 06:30:24:920 .NET/CLR Version='2.0.50727.5472'/64bit

[after the download]

2013-08-08 06:43:35:339 ******************* Session Start (Version 7.0.1000.15) *******************
    2013-08-08 06:43:35:339 Attaching global exception handlers...
    2013-08-08 06:43:35:495 InstallDir='C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\'
    2013-08-08 06:43:35:495 UserDataDir='C:\Users\egan\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\'
    2013-08-08 06:43:36:821 Cbi.Globals.MachineId: True/True
    2013-08-08 06:43:36:821 MachineId='7EEBBC14D3D3E12AF4E63AC9571EBC8C'
    2013-08-08 06:43:36:821 OS='Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1'/'Win32NT'
    2013-08-08 06:43:36:821 Processors: available=8 enabled=8
    2013-08-08 06:43:36:821 .NET/CLR Version='2.0.50727.5472'/32bit

There's no indication if the application is the 32-bit or 64-bit version on the About screen (that would be a nice feature to add, by the way). There's nothing in the c:\Program Files(86)\Ninja Trader 7\bin64 directory. There is a NinjaTrader.exe file in c:\Program Files(86)\Ninja Trader 7\bin\X64 directory and it has the same timestamp as the program I was running, but clicking on it just causes a system error ("NinjaTrader application has stopped working. Windows is collecting more information about the problem...").

Hello egan857,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20130808.txt' file.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i have a similar problem also sent you an email

and i cant even install the old version again, it tells me that i have already a newer version installed. really?
      Last edited by markus1000; 08-08-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

We've had a separate conversation on email, but putting this on the forum since markus1000 may benefit from the answer.

Kyle asked if I have an icon in the Start Menu under Start > Program Files > Ninja Trader 7 > NinjaTrader7 (64-bit). The answer is yes, but when I click on it, Windows throws the message "the item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved". The shortcut in my start menu points to c:\Program Files(86)\Ninja Trader 7\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe. That file does not exist because that directory is empty. But, I do have a directory named c:\Program Files(86)\Ninja Trader 7\bin\X64 which does have a NinjaTrader.exe with a very recent timestamp. Problem is, when I click on it I get a Windows error ("NinjaTrader application has stopped running. Windows is collecting more information about this problem...").

Comment

Hello markus1000,

Thank you for your forum post.

I can assist with this situation further on your end.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
          1.) A link to this forum thread.
          2.) A good contact number and availability for a support call.
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok done, left you my skype contact

Comment

From an offline conversation, NinjaTrader_JC figured out that I installed the new release with NinjaTrader running, so it corrupted the 64-bit version. The solution was to use Windows Uninstaller to get rid of NinjaTrader and then download the new version again. That solved the 64-bit problem, but this issue is still open because I now have some incompatible DLLs. JC is working on this.

Comment

Hello, i have a similar problem. After a install of version 16, a remove of it, redownload ite and reinstalled version 16; the problem persist.
                No 64bit. Only a 32bit version
                I reinstalled version 15 (my previous version) but also there no 64bit anymore.
                Last edited by mate41; 10-10-2013, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Hello mate41,

Thank you for your forum post.

What version of Windows are you running?
                  • Start > Right mouse click on "Computer" > Properties...
                  • Under "System" > What is the "System Type"?
                  • If this is 32 bit then I would expect that a 64-Bit icon would not be created.

You can also check the Start menu in the NinjaTrader 7 program group to see if a 64-bit icon is appearing:
                  • Start > All Programs > NinjaTrader 7 > Is there a 64-bit icon appearing?

Comment

I run windows 7 64 bit, quad core processor.
                    My previous version (15) ran the 64bit.
                    No more even if i reinstall the 15 version.
                    And now there is only a 32bit icon. The bin64 dir is empty.

Comment

Hello mate41,

Thank you for the follow up.

I suggest to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader while making sure that NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager and then delete the program files, this will ensure a clean install of the program files:

Please upgrade with the steps provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc. You will need to copy your license key from Control Center > Help > License Key...
                      • Close all running applications.
                      • Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
                        • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
                        • Processes tab
                        • Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"
                        • If NinjaTrader is not located on the Processes tab, skip this step.

• Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
                      • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                      • Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 7" folders located here if any:
                        • C:\Program Files (x86)\

or
                        • C:\Program Files\

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.16 from the link below:

Comment

Ok done. I had to restart the computer after removing nt.
                        Now all are there the 32 and 64bit versions.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hi guys, me again.

I just had exactly the same problem: 32-bit version installed instead of 64-bit. Last time NT said it was because I had the 64-bit version running during the install, but that wasn't the case here.

Here's a novel idea: next time you have two versions of the same release, give us two links to do the downloads.

Just because there's a workaround (uninstall/reinstall) doesn't mean you guys are off the hook. You need to improve the upgrade screen.

Comment

Hello egan857,

Thank you for the follow up.

There is only one version of NinjaTrader that is released. This is not specifically a 32-bit or a 64-bit version.

When installing on a 64-bit operating system, it will create a 32-bit and a 64-bit icon. When installing on a 32-bit operating system, it will create only a 32-bit icon.

Sometimes when you close NinjaTrader, it may still be running in the background and is why I advise to check the Windows Task Manager to ensure that NinjaTrader is completely closed before performing the upgrade installation.

With that being said, I will send in the suggestion to development to improve the upgrade install process.

Comment

Hi RyanL,

No, I checked that NT was not running in the task manager. The install process just didn't work as it should have. There's no need for this tricky "install what the customer needs" feature: the customer is smart enough to know whether he wants 32 or 64 bit. Two download links would be simpler for you and more reliable for us. BTW, uninstall/reinstall worked perfectly, so this is a really minor issue with an easy workaround.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred