Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of Old Files for Reinstallation

Hi

I just reinstalled Windows 7 Pro and I reinstalled my software, including NT7, the newest version, 15. Before I did the reinstall of Windows I copied the NinjaTrader 7 folders from My Documents and also from the Programs folder. And then once I reinstalled Windows and NT I just replaced the new folders with the ones I had copied.This seemed to work okay before and saved me from having to recreate everything.

But now when I load the software it's taking some time to load. I'm thinking maybe I should just substitute the trading history, chart files, log file, commissions for various instruments, etc. I'm wondering which files cover these that I need to replace and where they are. I'll just reinstall NT and replace these files. Am I forgetting any? Thanks.

Anybody there? Do you guys no longer work on the weekends?

Comment

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

Outside of our standard support hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM EST until 6:00 PM EST) we keep only a skeleton staff available to address support requests. Due to this, replies after hours and over the weekends will be slower in coming.

So that we may investigate your performance issue, please contact us by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In your message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is a diagnostic file which is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the 'trace.20130811.txt' file.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response. I think it may just be a really slow internet connection which is causing the problems. When I was offline yesterday afternoon, once I okayed the screen which said NT couldn't connect to the servers, the software, with 5 charts, the Control Center, and SuperDOM, loaded in 25 seconds.

I am still wondering about the files and/or folders that hold the trading history, chart files, log file, commissions for various instruments, etc., and where they are located for future re-installations. Am I forgetting any? Thanks for your help.
        Last edited by bce111; 08-12-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your response.

The trading history and commissions are stored in the database which can be found in the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db (it will be named 'NinjaTrader.sdf')

The Chart files can pertain to several files (historical data, workspaces, or templates), these are found in the following respective folders:
          • Historical Data in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\minute, tick or day
          • Workspaces in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
          • Chart Templates in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Chart

Log files are stored in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\log.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick. Hope your day's been great.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby