Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving a strategy applied to a chart

Hello,

I have a workspace with several charts (7 altogether). For each chart, I apply the same strategy and save the workspace. Running the strategy across all charts is no problem. However, if I exit NT, restart NT, and open workspace back up, the strategy and all settings for each chart is gone and I have to go through and redo all the settings which is very time consuming.

Is there a way to make NT save all the charts with strategy and settings for each chart so when I restart NT I don't have to redo all of them from scratch?

Thanks.

Hello Smiley,

Thank you for your post.

Strategies that have been applied to the chart or the Strategies tab of the Control Center do not need the settings reset each time. What you are detailing is not to be expected.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.
    Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 898797

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello,

I haven't had this problem occur since this post, for some reason when I restart NT the strategy settings are with the charts. I do have one other question, however, regarding strategy settings.

I now have a 2nd computer which I will be trading from, alternating from one to another ( but only using one instance at a time). On my 1st computer, I have the workspace with all the charts and strategies and settings on many charts. I would like to port over to the 2nd computer, the same strategy settings so I do not have to re-input all of the data. I thought this information would be saved in the workspace template, however I ported that over to the 2nd computer and none of the strategies are saved in the chart with their settings.

Is this possible? Is there a separate file I can port to the 2nd computer such that I can utilize the strategies and settings against the same charts in the same workspace .xml?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Smiley,

Thank you for your response.

You can backup your settings and files on one PC and restore them on another PC using the Backup and Restore feature in NinjaTrader. For a video on backing up your settings to another PC please visit the following link: http://youtu.be/zGCp9ebpV1M

For information on Backup and Restore please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

The first time I created a backup from computer #1, and restored it from the backup file to computer #2 (a VPS), it worked fine. All my strategy settings are intact. However, after about a week something went haywire with NT and the VPS. After rebooting the VPS, all the strategies were gone in the strategies tab. I then performed another restore, same as before, and still no strategies listed.

I tried a 2nd time with a different restore file (after confirming it restored fine on computer #1) and still no strategies.

I can re-enter all the settings and strategies again, but would like to know what is causing this behavior in case it happens again. Creating new settings for each chart strategy is very time consuming.

Thank you

Comment

Hello Smiley,

Unfortunately it sounds like your workspace is not saving the strategies running.

You will need to re-enter the settings and apply the strategies again and save it to your current Workspace.
            CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes