symbol 'ZS', 'unknown instrument' ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

symbol 'ZS', 'unknown instrument' ???

I have successfully created a chart for soybeans on the CME, symbol 'S'.

however when I try to create a chart for Globex soybeans, symbol 'ZS', I get a message 'unknown instrument'.

please advise.

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your post.

The ZS is set up by default in our instrument manager under the Tools menu, it is set up by default for Globex. Please locate it in the middle section of the instrument manager and then highlight it by clicking on it. After this use the ‘<’ button to add it to your default instrument list on the left side of the window. Then locate the created ‘S’ contract on the left side and click the ‘>’ button. The instrument has now disappeared in from the list. Next, locate the created ‘S’ contract from the instrument list in the middle section, highlight it and click the Delete button. After all this click the OK button.
    Now open up a new chart and select the ZS from the Data Series window and bring up the chart.

If you want to add CME as well to the ZS contract, make sure before using the ‘<’ button in the Instrument Manager to click on the Edit button when the ZS is highlighted. Then in the Exchanges section checkmark CME as well. Once done click OK, locate and highlight the ZS again in the middle section, select CME from the drop down window ‘Exchange’, and click the ‘<’ button. Now click OK

See here for more info about Editing Instruments:

Please let us know if this corrects your issue.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

zs is located at the bottom of my list?
      s is in the middle and is euroswiss interest rate futures?
      I followed directions [I think] to try to make zs global but it did not work?
      I meant CME to mean Chicago merchantile exchange, not an instrument symbol... sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Hello Joe,

Can you please open up the Instrument Manager, then set the ‘Type’ drop down window to ‘Futures’, enter under the Name section ‘ZS’ and hit the Search button. This will bring up the ZS contract (Soybeans Futures). Highlight it and click Edit. The Instrument Editor opens up when you click Edit. In the Editor on the Definitions tab, please check CME under the Exchanges section. Once done click OK so the Instrument Editor closes. The ZS should be still highlighted now in the middle section of the instrument manager. Check what the Exchange drop down window is set to. Most likely it’s set up for Globex, you can change this to CME if you desire. After this hit the ‘<’ button so it’s added to your default instrument list. Now open up a Chart and select the ZS.
        If no data is coming in, close the chart, open up the instrument manager again, highlight the ZS on the left side and click the ‘>’ button. Then change the Exchange drop down window back to Globex. Once done, click the ‘<’ button again and hit OK.
        Check once again if data is coming in.

You might want to delete your own created ‘S’ contract from the instrument manager as well.

Comment

i maximized the screen and I don't yet see a type drop down window?

the scroll bar top disappears at the top of the panel so that i can't scroll all the way up. maybe it is hiding under there?

Comment

Hello Joe,

I suspect you have the text size enlarged in Windows. This most likely has resulted in NinjaTrader not able to properly display. Can you please double check this and then resize.

Let us know if this corrects your issue.

If it doesn't we can schedule a call with you and take a look at your computer to see what is going on. Please send a note then to:
            'support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com'

Vince

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post kempotrader  
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM