Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom P/L window with live updates

Hi
    Some of the leading brokers/platforms provide live P/L .
    I wish to have this functionality in NT . I am looking for P/L per symbol.

How can this enhancement be done in NT ?

Thank you

nina2020a, I would suggest setting up a Market Analyzer page with your instruments of interest and then you can add the Realized / Unrealized Pnl columns for example in to track to your Pnl, this column has an input to toggle the account, so multiple accounts would be able to be monitored as well with it.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
      Thanks for the advice. I was able to pull up most of the stuff that I was looking for on Market Analyzer . I had 2 questions:

Ques 1. Is there a way in standard NT to have the total for all the rows in MA ?

Ques 2. If an enhancement needs to be done , is there a function in library that can be called to get PL per instrument ?
      If not is there any other way to retrieve 'ProfitLoss' programatically ?

Thank you.
      n

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      nina2020a, I would suggest setting up a Market Analyzer page with your instruments of interest and then you can add the Realized / Unrealized Pnl columns for example in to track to your Pnl, this column has an input to toggle the account, so multiple accounts would be able to be monitored as well with it.

Comment

nina2020a, yes there is a Total Row available as well, right click in your MA and go into the Properties, set show Total Row to 'enabled' please.

You mean the PnL for the instrument across all accounts?

Or do you refer to a figure that would add realized + unrealized together in the MA?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Bertrand - The Total Row worked perfectly- thanks .

For the second part I am trying to figure out how to report PL per instrument per unit . For eg. if clip size is 25 for instrument xyz and the total PL for xyz is 1000 then PL/unit of xyz will be 1000/25 =40.
          So if PL /instrument is retrieved using some NT function /class from the library , then my developer can code the formula around it .

Yes PL/Instrument across all accounts, and was thinking not on MA, but on custom window

I am assuming such pl/unit calculation cannot be done using standard NT without any enhancement ?

thanks
          Last edited by nina2020a; 08-15-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know - great to hear.

That's unfortunately correct, in our supported NinjaScript there would not functions to report this in. Your developer could review the code used in the MarketAnalyzer columns though (bin > custom > MarketAnalyzer) and see if he could develop an enhancement on this base, however it would use undocumented / unsupported methods.

I will note your enhancement request though gladly in our product enhancement trackings lists for future consideration.

Comment

So does this mean that a custom zMarketAnalyzer window can be created by copying
              (bin > custom > MarketAnalyzer) as base and then values in the columns can be manipulated using mathematical formulas ?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              That's unfortunately correct, in our supported NinjaScript there would not functions to report this in. Your developer could review the code used in the MarketAnalyzer columns though (bin > custom > MarketAnalyzer) and see if he could develop an enhancement on this base, however it would use undocumented / unsupported methods.
              I will note your enhancement request though gladly in our product enhancement trackings lists for future consideration.

Comment

It would not be a custom window, but an advanced programmer could look into the columns source cs files in the MA folder and then amend with own works, so that additional formulas / math could be introduced. This is not something we could officially support though.

Comment

ok that helps , thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Aviram Y  
                  Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM