Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashes on startup with redirected Documents folder

Hi,

I'm guessing on the error but when I installed NT on my mac, running VMware Fusion it crashed on startup and I found a post on this forum to disable mirroring on the Document folder which worked, (It's a pain having to do that but at at least it works)
    Now on my Windows PC I have the same problem, NT crashes on startup I guess because my Documents folder is redirected to a server, Unfortunately I can't just disable redirection, so is there an option to tell NT to use another folder or to get it to work with redirected folders?
    Or is it possibliy another problem?

Hopefully that makes sense,
    I've included the last part of the log file just in case.

13/08/2013 15:00:11|2|4|Session Break (Version 7.0.1000.15)
    13/08/2013 15:00:11|1|4|Current license: Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=01/01/2005 EndDate=01/12/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External Provider2 Provider3 Provider7 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain Hosted InteractiveBrokers MBTrading Patsystems Provider4 Provider6 Provider8 Provider9 Provider10 Provider12 Tda TrackData TradingTechnologies AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom
    13/08/2013 15:02:30|0|4|Unable to retrieve type infos from assembly 'NinjaTrader.Custom': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
    at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCr awlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.AssemblyDictionary.GetTypes(Type superClass)
    13/08/2013 15:02:31|0|4|Unable to retrieve type infos from assembly 'NinjaTrader.Custom': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
    at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCr awlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.AssemblyDictionary.GetTypes(Type superClass)
    13/08/2013 15:02:31|1|4|Your hidden '_Workspaces' workspace is corrupted and could not be restored. A new '_Workspaces' workspace has been created however you have unfortunately lost your prior settings for this workspace.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hello ArowanA

Thank you for your forum post and welcome to the support forum!

With NinjaTrader 7, installing on a network drive is NOT supported. As the database technology is SQL CE, does not support use from a network drive.

Resolution:
    You can relocate "My Documents", so that the directory is stored locally on your machine and not on the network
    -Corporate/Work environment, please contact your IT department.
    -Home User, open user's home folder (located under Start menu> right-click "My Documents" > select "Properties" > 'Location' tab > Move > Select a location on your local "C:" drive
    -After relocating "My Documents" NinjaTrader will need to be reinstalled.
    For more information from the following links:

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Ryan,

Unfortunately I can't redirect my document folder back to a local drive but at least I know what the problem is now, I'll try setting up a local (not domain) user and see if I'm able to use the runas command to launch NT. If not I can set up a virtual PC.

Thanks again for your help

Edit:

That seemed to work OK, set up a local user called Admin, installed NinjaTrader as that user and started it, then once logged in as my domain user I can start NinjaTrader by running
      runas /profile /user:PC11\admin "c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.exe"
      Last edited by ArowanA; 08-13-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Have you guys considered using %appdata% to store your data or at least giving people the option of where to store the data folder..may be adding an option to 'custom' install. You could even put the database in the local appdata folder and store the rest on the documents folder. Or at the very least add something to the install program or startup that gives a clear error message.

Comment

Hello ArowanA,

Thank you for your feedback.

This is a great suggestion and I will forward it to our development staff for further consideration.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Allow placement of Indicators/Strategies also

The Data directory flexibility should be the priority.
            My local database of tick data for another program is around 400 GIG. I do not want that space used in "My Documents" no matter where it is.

Indicators/Strategies are also moved to anywhere I want it. Very Important for Security. Code for scripts and DLL's are located here.

Thanks for the consideration

Comment

Originally posted by David77 View Post
              The Data directory flexibility should be the priority.
              My local database of tick data for another program is around 400 GIG. I do not want that space used in "My Documents" no matter where it is.

Indicators/Strategies are also moved to anywhere I want it. Very Important for Security. Code for scripts and DLL's are located here.

Thanks for the consideration
              Consider using a separate partition or drive that is mounted in the empty NinjaTrader folder. (You will have to empty, mount, restore).

Comment

Hello David77,

Thank you for your suggestion for the improvement of NinjaTrader and welcome to the support forums!

I have documented this particular suggestion and have sent it to our product development team for further consideration.

Comment

Hello David77,

I have heard back from development and the suggestion to have the flexibility in choosing the local folder that NinjaTrader will use to save historical data, indicators, strategies etc... is being tracked with the ID# 343.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes