Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja 6.5 slow tro load and crashes

Hello,

I am on 6.5 beta and finding now that Ninja is really slow to load. Opening new charts takes one cup of coffee if not two. and if I close a chart the whole program closes.

Any suggestions?

- please see performance tips here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
    - Please be specific on the crashes. Do you get an message box? if so, then please proceed as per message box.

Comment

Ninja crashes

Thank you.

I will proceed with the checklist.

When NT crashes there is no error message...it just closes the whole program.

I am using third party indicators and I am in recording mode so this may be stretching things.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Peter and Dierk

Im running Ninja 6.0.1000.9 and experiencing a slow loading problem as well. I m running the program with E Signal data feed and using the KwikPop system which necessitates both tick and volume charts. I notice when starting (before connection) the program takes a while. Additionally when connecting it takes a while to load the charts. Im not experiencing the same crah problems Peter reported (different version maybe ?)

Im currently running ES 90 tick, 215 tick, 7500 volume, 5 miniute and 1 minute charts. Additionally Im running a 5 minute chart of the DOW and the COMPX. Platform is an Intel 975XX motherboard with the core duo quad processor, 2 GB RAM, and twin PCIe NVidia GEForce 8500s driving 4 monitors. OS is XP Pro, current.

I suspect part of the problem here on connect may be waiting for the info from E Signal. I ran through the performance list posted earlier in this thread. Additionally when starting and again when loading data I have run taskmanager and only see a total of 25 % total CPU loading distributed across the 4 cores. Any other suggestion on how to speed things up would be appreciated.

carr

Comment

Please try latest 6.5.0.10.

Comment

Dierk

I thought I was the only one to spend the hours on the machine that I do.....I may load the latest version but it wont be until the weekend...of course I should do it tonight to shake things out tomorrow.....

Thanks much -- cant tell you how impressed I am with you guys and the support..
            Carr

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes