Day of Week Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day of Week Label

Has anyone developed a Day of the Week Label (Mon, Tues, ...) that can be easily visualized on the chart and automatically updates?

I'm not aware of an existing indicator, but here is a very basic example to help you get started. It is limited but the basic concept can be extended.

If you want further control over the format of the Date, please see the following links:

Learn how to determine the ordinal day of the week for a particular date in .NET. Learn how to display the localized weekday name for a particular date.

edit: Sorry, file attached
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 08-14-2013, 03:03 PM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew, This is excellent. Thank you. To expand on what you have graciously provided, is it possible to add the date to is as well? Something like, Aug 15, Day of week. If I have a lot of bars and looking back over considerable history, it is easy to loose track of the date, but the day of the week is a huge help in looking back for patterns that may be day of the week specific. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

So that I have further clarification as to what you're looking for:

As you scroll back through the chart are looking for the text field to update to the bar's date that's currently show on the left most part of the chart, or do you want it to always have the complete date shown for the current live day?
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great question. I can see a place for both. The right sided current view would be excellent for quickly assessing current time regardless of how chart is used. The other would be ideal for looking back through history. And I guess there could be a place for both meaning I guess you could run two scripts at the same time! So for the original purpose I had in mind, looking through the history to find patterns, the most useful would seem to be a the left side.

Comment

For getting the current date to display like this

08/15/2013 Thursday

All you would have to do is change the Draw text line of code to

DrawTextFixed("Day", Time[0].ToString("MM/dd/yyyy dddd"), TextPosition.BottomRight);

You could also change the text position to BottomLeft if you wanted to.

If you wanted it to dynamically update based on the chart position this would require more advanced coding. If you're interested in professional consulting for that project please email support at ninjatrader dot com
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
            1 response
            0 likes