Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Import dll files

Hi

I need help in manually importing strategy/indicator using pre-compiled DLL. How can we manually import dll files other then importing zip folder? We need to create an installer for NT that places all the NinjaScript assemblies in their appropriate folder without any user intervention. Can you guys guide us about where should we place the DLLs?

Thanks

tazz90, for a manual install you want to copy your DLL's to the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > bin > custom folder. Upon restarting NT those would be loaded then, finally you want to add a reference to the main dll file (not the x86 or x64 ones) in the NinjaScript editor.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Import DLL

Hello Bertrand,

I have some DLLs that I would like to use within NT and be able to call the methods from my NT strategies. Per your instructions, I have copied the DLL to:

Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > bin > custom folder. I have then opened the strategy, right-clicked and added the reference to the DLL in the Custom folder. However, when I try to run the strategy, I get this error message: "Could not load file or assembly".

I have used these DLLs within other trading platforms without incident. They are simple C# DLLs written in Visual Studio 2010.

Could you please advise what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

Isaac

Comment

What target framework were those DLL's compiled with? Anything above 3.5 would unfortunately not work in this context.

Comment

Hello,

The target framework is 4.0. Given that you state importing DLLs from frameworks greater than 3.5 doesn't work, could you please offer some alternate suggestions regarding how I can utilize my DLLs to import and call my utility methods within strategies? Thank you.

Comment

Unfortunately I would not have a workaround I could provide you with here, if those are you own DLL's you might be able to recompile them with a target framework of 3.5

Our next major version upgrade is planned to support up to NET 4.5 then - I would not have an ETA here though.

Comment

OK. Thank you .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
              3 responses
              1 like
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM