Market Analyzer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Problem

Using Market Analyzer for CCI, Values Differ from CCI Analyzer and Charts.

Under Column, I adjusted time frame to 5 minutes but numerical displays are different.
    Please help.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Which Session Template is used in the chart? To check, right click in the chart and select Data Series. Session Template is shown to the right.

Which Session Template is used in the Market Analyzer? To check please right click in the Market Analyzer and select Properties.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by santafe View Post
      Using Market Analyzer for CCI, Values Differ from CCI Analyzer and Charts.

Under Column, I adjusted time frame to 5 minutes but numerical displays are different.
      Please help.
      Data Series is 5 minutes.
      Market Analyzer Session Template is <Use Instrument Settings>. No Change at all.
      I also tried changing MA Session Templates, but still the same. Numbers Don't Match.

Comment

We will need to make sure you are looking at the same exact (!) data set in order to get the values to match. If the session template matches, there are two other areas I'd suggest checking

1. Ensure that the CalculateOnBarClose property for the indicator is the same on both the chart and market analyzer

2. More commonly, the reason it will not match is because the number of bars used to calcualte is different. To troubleshoot this, please change your charts Data Series "Days to load" to "Bars" and then specify an exact number of bars, such as 50, or 100. Once you have this set, go back to the Market Analyzer and set the CCI Indicator column to the same exact number of bars.

Please let me know if this does not help.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

"Calculate bar close" fixed problem.
          Now another problem. In Market Analyzer, CCI Sound alerts didn't work. (Cross below 100 and Cross Above -100). It only worked once. Reset is at 0 seconds. I also tried 1 sec.

Also Right margin doesn't lock to setting (Chart Properties). Every time I reopen NT, all pushed to right margin.

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please remove your alerts for this column then add them once again with a "Re-arm after secs" set to for example 10.

When this value is set to 0 this will only trigger once and will not allow a re-arm of the alert.

The right side margin may not be able to be saved due to an indicator you have applied. As a test please open a new chart with no template or indicator applied-->Set a right side margin value then restart NinjaTrader and tell me if the right side margin remains on the newly created chart.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes