Warning: prog errors... must be resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: prog errors... must be resolved

Briefly, I installed a SSD on my trading machine. Rather than do a complete re-load, I used their migration software which created logical drives, mapping my applications to new locations.

When I upgraded to NT x.15, I was getting file location errors. Thus, I decided to remove NT as cleanly as possible and try a fresh load (expecting to re-import my custom indicators). That worked. But, now I get this error:

Import Ninjascript Archive File (.zip) Warning.

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. (you know the rest)

My custom indicators do not show up in the menu (except for one, oddly - which works).

How do I fix this error?

Thanks.

Originally posted by thuff View Post
    Briefly, I installed a SSD on my trading machine. Rather than do a complete re-load, I used their migration software which created logical drives, mapping my applications to new locations.

When I upgraded to NT x.15, I was getting file location errors. Thus, I decided to remove NT as cleanly as possible and try a fresh load (expecting to re-import my custom indicators). That worked. But, now I get this error:

Import Ninjascript Archive File (.zip) Warning.

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. (you know the rest)

My custom indicators do not show up in the menu (except for one, oddly - which works).

How do I fix this error?

Thanks.
    Without seeing exactly what is going on there...

I guess I would Edit any Indicator/Strategy, compile it, and see what the compiler tells me is a problem... it should point out something that probably has nothing to do with what you are compiling. Then go see why that indicator has an issue.

NT7 requires all code to be in a compiled state. NT8 no longer has this restriction (unless of course, your indicator/strategy is referencing the bad code.

Comment

Hello thuff,

Thank you for your post.

This is likely due to the references being incorrect for your new installation. Please go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select any indicator > OK > then press F5 to compile > when the errors return please right click in the NinjaScript Editor > select References > select and Delete any references to .dll files that have an incorrect file location.

For example, if you switch from a 32 bit or 64 bit OS to a new OS that uses 32 bit when you used 64 bit or vice versa the NinjaTrader.Core.dll and WilsonORMapper.dll likely have the incorrect file location.
      In this example if you are now on a 64 bit OS the files will be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin, if you are now on a 32 bit OS then the files are located in C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin.

Please let me know if you are unable to resolve the compile errors messages.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18