System Software Freeze on Order Entry in SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Software Freeze on Order Entry in SuperDOM

Yesterday morning when I clicked in the SuperDOM to enter a buy order for TF the software froze, locked up. The bar you click on turned a lighter shade of brown but no order was visible, filled, or waiting to be filled with an "X" next to it. It took maybe a minute, an eternity, to unfreeze itself at which point I saw it was filled and I was down about $70. Very frustrating.

I see now there was a spike in volume to 1300 contracts the minute I probably entered my order. Also I'm using a Wifi connection, not by choice.

I had this happen before right before the general markets open at 9:30 am EST. On that one I hit cancel after I saw it happening and when it came back up it showed that it did get cancelled. But while all this was happening I couldn't see what was going on as it neither showed a filled order, an open order of a cancelled order. Yesterday I didn't think to hit cancel as I was pretty much sure it was filled from where I entered it. And also as the software was frozen it seemed like my clicking on anything wouldn't work. But I should have maybe tried to hit close.

Seems like maybe a ZenFire data feed issue and/or bandwidth issue. Thoughts on what I might do to cancel orders or close orders if this happens again? Or other ways to improve this situation? Thanks.
    Last edited by bce111; 08-17-2013, 11:31 AM.

Actually l see now, looking at the log, that it was down for about 30 seconds. But of course this is also an eternity when the market's so volatile and spiking.
    Last edited by bce111; 08-17-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact us by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include the following:
      1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) The Order ID of the order in question. This information is shown in the Order ID column in the Orders tab of the Control Center.

3.) A copy of the day's order log. Log files are kept in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder. I would need a copy of the file from the date of the order. Log files are named by date in a 'Log.YYYYMMDD.txt' format.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by philmg, Today, 12:55 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post philmg
      by philmg

Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM