Ameritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ameritrade

I have just connected Nijna Trader with my Ameritrade connection but no data is coming through (It's 7:30pm EST Sunday with ES charts up). I have contacted Ameritrade and their support said this:

Thank you for the e-mail. There would not be anything that would have to be done on our end, and we are not currently experiencing any data feed issues. This would need to be facilitated through Ninja Trader. You may access their support contact information here.

Any help?

Thanks!

Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your note.

The TD Ameritrade connection which is available to NinjaTrader currently supports equity and index data only. In order to access futures data through NinjaTrader a secondary data connection would be required.

More information about the various types of data which each provider offers can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

More information regarding use of multiple data providers can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle.

That's kinda strange though when using my thinkorswim software I get all the futures data.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianNC View Post
        Thanks Kyle.

That's kinda strange though when using my thinkorswim software I get all the futures data.
        No, it isn't strange.

TDA bought TOS a few years ago. They are still entirely different.

NT uses TDAs API. There is no TOS API.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          No, it isn't strange.

TDA bought TOS a few years ago. They are still entirely different.

NT uses TDAs API. There is no TOS API.
          Ah, got it.

You might know the answer to this too. I had signed up for a trial of NT with a data feed from Mirus.. The NT I have installed has a key directly from NT, and not the one that Mirus sent me. Is the key you use to get in the software directly tied to who gives you the login and password? In other words, can I set up the Mirus feed in NT that has a key directly from NT and not the one Mirus sent me.

The reason I'm asking is I can't get the Zen Fire feed from Mirus to work.
          Last edited by BrianNC; 08-18-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianNC View Post
            Ah, got it.

You might know the answer to this too. I had signed up for a trial of NT with a data feed from Mirus.. The NT I have installed has a key directly from NT, and not the one that Mirus sent me. Is the key you use to get in the software directly tied to who gives you the login and password? In other words, can I set up the Mirus feed in NT that has a key directly from NT and not the one Mirus sent me.

The reason I'm asking is I can't get the Zen Fire feed from Mirus to work.
            NT Support is going to have to help you on that one?

Did you try the Mirus key? That might not have TDA enabled.

If Mirus/Zenfire was an option in your NT key, it should work there too? Or there might have been something years ago about that no longer working...

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              NT Support is going to have to help you on that one?

Did you try the Mirus key? That might not have TDA enabled.

If Mirus/Zenfire was an option in your NT key, it should work there too? Or there might have been something years ago about that no longer working...
              Once you put in the key, NT starts up without asking for it. Is there a way to log in with the other key?

Comment

Hello,

A new key can be entered in the Help > License Key menu. Please be sure to restart NinjaTrader after changing keys however.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Tim-c
                by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                0 responses