Strategy Names in Ninja from TS Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Names in Ninja from TS Trades

I seem to be able to get TradeStation generated strategies to execute in NinjaTrader via email. However, those trades do not have any NinjaTrader strategy designation. Any way to name them -- ideally separately using the TS strategy names, but if not, at least all from TS. This all so can group and analyse performance separately.

Originally posted by Richard Von View Post
    I seem to be able to get TradeStation generated strategies to execute in NinjaTrader via email. However, those trades do not have any NinjaTrader strategy designation. Any way to name them -- ideally separately using the TS strategy names, but if not, at least all from TS. This all so can group and analyse performance separately.
    Hello Richard,

Thank you for your post.

I am a bit confused by what you are requesting. As a trade that comes in from the email interface is registered as just a trade. It is the same in NinjaTrader as you pushing a button and placing a market order. Because of this is it not possible to place that trade as a strategy. You can however, add an ATM strategy to an incoming TradeStation email trade. This would allow you to view the running ATM strategy within NinjaTrader.

Comment

My initial question was just how to add an identifer so that I could look at the TS trades' performance separately. Sounds like somehow attaching a separate ATM strategy to them might do it (and maybe more).

How would I do that -- assuming the TS trades are automated?

Comment

Using the email interface this is not possible. Using the DLL interface (you have to manually program calls to the NT DLL function calls) you can do it by triggering ATM strategies on your entry signals.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

It would be nice if NT even just could label anything coming from email as "EMail Strategy".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jculp
          by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes