end date glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end date glitch

I'm charting ZC, September contract, and I've got the Kinetick EOD feed. I've put up a daily, weekly and monthly chart, and the weekly is wrong. Checking the "Data Series" it looks like the problem is that the "end date" somehow, without my input, got switched to 7/22/2013 instead of today's date, which is 8/26/2013. How on earth could this have happened? Clearly I did not purposely do this, so there has to be some glitch somewhere that would allow this to happen automatically. What could have caused this, and how can I be sure it doesn't happen in the future?

I've had all kinds of problems with Ninjatrader charts and some pretty inexcusable inaccuracies, which is why I don't dare try to use Ninja for anything important, like live trading! The above glitch, however, could really screw you up if you were assuming that the charts you're looking at are up to date and accurate.Everywhere I turn, I see charting problems with Ninja. I'll save the other ones for a separate post, but I'd really like someone to explain how this date-switch could have happened. It looks like it takes several mouse clicks to change the end date, so it's not something I could done with one or two inadvertant clicks. The date change has to be entered manually. Ergo, there must be some other glitch somewhere. Anybody seen this before, know what to do to prevent it from happening?

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your note.

I have seen this when switching connection from Market Replay to another data feed connection. The Market Replay connection will set the EndDate to the date required to replay that date. In some cases this has not been changed when connecting to your data feed provider.

I look forward to your inquiries on the charting items and assisting you further in this area.

Comment

where's tradetree's reply?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your note.

I have seen this when switching connection from Market Replay to another data feed connection. The Market Replay connection will set the EndDate to the date required to replay that date. In some cases this has not been changed when connecting to your data feed provider.

I look forward to your inquiries on the charting items and assisting you further in this area.
      Hi Patrick et al,
      I got an email from the NT support forum saying that someone named tradetree had replied to this thread. It was good and thoughtful and helpful, but I don't see it here. According to that email I received, he (or she) posted it last Wednesday, five days ago. Should have shown up on the forum by now, yes? I've logged onto this forum several times with different browsers, but no luck. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I see tradetree's reply? Did it get censored because it was critical of NT? Geez, I hope not. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. but I can't figure out what.
      Thanks,
      Tasuki

Comment

Hi Tasuki,

Thanks for your reply. TradeTrees comments have been redirected to another thread pertaining to a similar issue you reported:

These issues have been linked, but they have been determined to be the result of two separate behaviors.

In your example of the End Date not updating, it was determined by our records to have been a result of charting an instrument that was beyond the last trade. This is one specific reason that this behavior may occur.

There is another issue I'm aware of that TradeTree has started pertaining to the End Date not updating after midnight. This is something I have been collecting information from as it is a rare, but important issue we would like to address.

If you feel you have experienced this exact behavior related to the change of day event, please feel free to chime in.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hi Tasuki,

Thanks for your reply. TradeTrees comments have been redirected to another thread pertaining to a similar issue you reported:

If you feel you have experienced this exact behavior related to the change of day event, please feel free to chime in.
          So, Matthew, you moved tradetree's reply without any notice on my thread? Sorry, dude, but that is totally uncool. You really shouldn't do that. Members of the forum can't be expected to go hunting for answers to their questions. Your staff no doubt peruses the forum in its entirety, probably on a daily basis, but individual members (who should be spending their time trading!) can't be expected to play hide and seek like this. That's not how a professional forum is managed. A poster's reply should stay where it was put, or at best, duplicated to a new thread, but not moved without notice. Tradetree replied to me, on my little thread. That's where I go to find answers to my query. His reply, so long as it was relevant, should remain where he put it. Please.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kulwinder73