Market Replay Freezes and Force Closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Freezes and Force Closes

My market replay was going just fine running about a months worth of EUR/USD replay data when at some point today it now fails to work at all.

Charts of EUR/USD would load but would instantly freeze when replay began.

Now...

Charts do not load for EUR/USD on any timeframe or span on market replay.

As soon as I disconnect from market replay my charts load just fine.

I have restarted and the issues are still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello CaptainFill,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds as if there may be something at issue with the replay data itself. Was your replay data downloaded from NinjaTrader servers via the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu, recorded in real-time or obtained from another source?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The replay data was obtained via File > Utilities > Download Replay data while connected to FXCM.

Comment

Hello CaptainFill,

Thank you for clarifying.

Based on this I would like you to try the following:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > DB > Data folder. Move all 'YYYYMMDD' dated folders within the Data folder to the desktop to temporarily prevent NinjaTrader from accessing them.
        • Restart NinjaTrader and download a few days of replay data for $EURUSD via the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu. (let's say the most recent two days.)
        • Reconnect to replay and attempt to load the chart.

With the existing replay data removed and a new set of data in place do you encounter the same type of issue?

Comment

Kyle,

It appears to be working correctly again.

Do you have any idea why the past data I had got messed up? Because of the rather slow and tedious import of new replay data (This should really be improved!!! ) it would be a real shame if it happens again.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello CaptainFill,

I'm happy to hear that this seems to have done the trick for you.

I am not totally sure how a file (or a group of files) would have become corrupted based on this however as I test here using the date range you've outlined I have not yet run in to an issue which would prevent me from loading data. Based on this, it would appear that a new download of the replay data would be all that is required in this instance.

After downloading that data and verifying that it functions normally, I'd recommend that you run a quick backup of the replay data to ensure that things can be quickly restored if something out of the ordinary was to occur again. The steps which are required to backup are outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm

In terms of the download utility itself, we do understand that day-by-day/instrument-by-instrument downloads can be somewhat inconvenient and are working on ways to streamline the process in future versions of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Kyle,

I've been able to replicate the problem but the symptoms have changed a bit. I downloaded the last week of replay and it worked fine. I went back to August 5th and it got messed up again. The problem started when I attempted to move the replay slider back to the beginning after it had gone through about 1/5th of the replay sequence.

Now the program no longer freezes, but no charts will load while either connected or disconnected from the market replay connection.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

If you restart NinjaTrader and reconnect I take it that the chart would load, is that accurate?

Comment

No, restarting did not fix the charts from not loading.

When I removed the files from the DB > Data folder I was then able to open up new charts while not connected to anything.

Comment

Hello,

The data which was re-added was data downloaded via the File > Utilities > Download Replay data menu or data which was restore from the folders we originally moved?

Comment

It was data downloaded from the Utilities > Download that was removed and then placed back.

While I'm playing with this to find a solution there seems to be no constant in terms of what it is doing.

Sometimes it will load the chart, sometimes it wont, it will freeze when the replay begins if the chart loads, restarting sometimes fixes the charts from not loading, sometimes it wont.

Because of the inconsistent symptoms, I really don't know where to start in terms of a solution.

Comment

CaptainFill,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with a link to this forum thread so that we can arrange for a time to take a look at the issue remotely.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes