chart not updating, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart not updating, again

Attached please find a daily chart for the September contract of KC, coffee. In the past, I've had a problem with charts not updating (oh, BTW, I've just got the free EOD Kinetick feed), and the problem was solved (with help from NT tech support) by changing the rollover date. Well, this time I checked the rollover date, and it's back sometime in June, so that's not the problem (I assume). My other charts for other symbols have updated by now (it's late at night), but this little KC beggar just doesn't feel like updating. What could be wrong? Anybody got any ideas?
    Thanks! Taz
    Attached Files

Hello Tasuki,

Can you please select the KC 12-13 and check if you load yesterday's bar. The KC rolled over to the 12-13 expiry on 8/9/2013.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, thanks for your reply. Well, I'll be a sunofagun. To answer your question, the Dec contract for KC is fine. What puzzles me is the fact that (if I'm understanding this correctly), the expiration for September coffee is in August. I track a bunch of different futures contracts, and this is the only one I've found so far that does this. I mean, think what an uproar there'd be if the Sep contract for the ES (or anything else you can name) ended in August? No, there has to be something I'm not understanding here. Still, KC is the only commodity, the only futures contract, that's behaving this way. What gives?

Comment

To the best of my ability to recall, both ICE and Nymex have a few different contracts that have this bizarre (at least to me) rollover structure. I was doing some work for a client (developing a strategy) and it was a real buggar trying to figure out what was going wrong until I checked the exchange web site for the exact dates.

Comment

Thanks, coolmoss (great handle, BTW). So, I'm not crazy, this *is* totally weird. Guess it just goes to show ya that it pays to study a contract carefully before trading it!
          Can you recall (or can anyone else remember) which contracts on the ICE and NYMEX have unusual rollovers? This could be very useful, practical information!
          Taz

Comment

It's been well over a year ago, so I'm really stretching my memory here, but I think it might have been the RB contract (at least that's the IB symbol). I think that was ICE unleaded gasoline. But yes, I've grown accustomed to reading those long pdf's the exchanges put out which describe the contract any time I work on something new.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post spwizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238