Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance issues

Hi,

I recently updated Ninja Trader and to start with I was backtesting with no problems.

However, now, when I run an optimization after a few minutes of having all four cores of my machine running at 80% - 90% it switches to Ram and uses 99% of my memory.

I also reduced the variables being tested, it completed the optimization but won't release the Ram afterwards.

I am asking it to keep all of the results from optimization which I know will increase the ram usage but I wasn't expecting it to not release it afterward.

I am testing only 6 months worth of hourly data, I have reduced the number of pairs to 5 and there are 3 variables with 20 steps in each one.

Any ideas on what will help, I'm upgrading from 4GB to 8GB but I didn't have any issues a few days ago it's only been since Tuesday I have had the issue.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Hi HayuM,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums!

What instrument(s) are you running on your backtest?

If you test with the Sample MA Crossover strategy, do you run into the same problem?

Could you provide a screenshot of the parameters of the Strategy you are inputting?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Save as a jpeg file.

Go to the forum post and click Reply then Go Advanced. Click the paperclip on the top toolbar of the test input area to add an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cal,

Thanks for coming back to me, no issue with the sample MA Cross Over Strategy. I have run some more tests and it only seems to create an issue when I ask it to keep all of the results, not just the best 10#. At the moment the strategy produces 34,000 lines of results.

Currently it's still holding 84% of my ram and I have closed Strategy Analyzer and run another strategy on one currency to see if it would release the memory but it doesn't unless I close down Ninja Trader.

Regards
      Stuart

Comment

Hi HayuM,

Are you using and debug methods such as Print() statements or TraceOrders?

These can cause memory and slowdown the optimization process.
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexHurry  
        Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:04 PM
        0 responses