Order process getting slowwwwwwwww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order process getting slowwwwwwwww

I am using TS 8.3 with the NT dll to automate my trades to MBT.

While I still try to figure out how to have a trade to begin the order process at the exact moment of a signal as opposed to following bid tick.

What can I do to speed up the order process? At this moment I range between 5 to 15% on processor and mem use is at 750000 (more info at the end)

At times (when first started) trades can be close to simultaneous with the TS signal on the chart (assuming a bid update after the signal is generated) But after running overnight (many signals) it bogs down to where a signal can take place and it takes minutes to have the order appear in the log (so I know it isn't a broker issue).

In an effort to make sure I head down the right path. I am running NT in a machine that is not up to your specs. I had no choice because the Vista machine will not run NT and after 30 hours trying to make it work, I needed to see how your software would work for me.

If for sure it is hardware related, then I will build a computer to your spec's. But if I am dead on 1 Vista computer - I am not sure what to build.

If it is not "for sure" hardware, what direction can I go to resolve this.

I am starting to get very fond of your program and would hate to jump ship.

Thank you for your help
    Don

Thanks
    Don

Please make sure that any AV software you have running has email scaning disabled.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will that affect orders that are using the dll in EL and not using (seemingly) making use of the SMTP? BTW I am using AVG.

Thank you!
      Don

Comment

No, that will not affect the DLL approach. Sorry, should have read closer.

As you make a call to the DLL it should be instant --> No delay. If there is a delay it could be -

- The call is really not made in TS at the time you think it is (write out local PC time in EL when you make a DLL function call and compare this to the time stamp in NT)
        - You should get a time stamp at the same time aprox in the NT log stating ATI Processing OIF (or something like that)
        - Make sure your hardware is up to spec...for sure this can be problem if you run into RAM limitations as you will start diskswapping which for sure will cause delays
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes