Slow Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Speed

When Changing Chart Times (example:15 min to 5 min) it takes almost 1 minute to update.
    Also making simple adjustment to indicator columns, Then Click Apply, It takes forever to chart to update and sometimes states "Not Responding".
    Please help.

Hello santafe,

Thank you for your post.

Please advise how many Workspaces you have open (File > Workspaces) and the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named 'NinjaTrader' and will be a .SDF file type.

In addition, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 909257' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=60608

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello santafe,

Thank you for your post.

Please advise how many Workspaces you have open (File > Workspaces) and the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named 'NinjaTrader' and will be a .SDF file type.

In addition, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 909257' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=60608

Attn: Patrick 909257.
      Sending Trace Files through Help showed FAILED eMail!, So I'm sending info through here.
      DB Ninjatrader shows 7,936 KB. I use quad Core and have/use only 1 workspace (9 Charts).

Comment

Hello santafe,

Thank you for your response.

Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 909257' in the subject line, so I may investigate this matter further.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.20130829.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.20130829.txt"

Comment

Hello santafe,

Thank you for sending in those files.

I have reviewed your log and trace files and I do not see any items of note as far as performance and charting.
          I recommend reviewing and implementing the Performance Tips found at the following link to improve the overall performance of NinjaTrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Some items to focus on with charting include the following:
          • Setting the CalculateOnBarClose parameter of indicators to True.
          • Setting the number of bars to load on your chart (DaysToLoad as well in the DataSeries menu) to a smaller value.
          • Changing the Update Interval Secs to a higher value (right click > Properties).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred