Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad function in trading simulation

Hi ninjas,

I've finished an Algo to work and before going "live" real time, I decided to do last trials and watched any possible errors. I've found several ones that I´d like to address. Before to describe it, this is my platform:

- Broker: Interactivebroker, TWS 938.1e from April 22 ( as suggested by you)
    - NT, Version 7000.0.1000.15

I began to run the Algo last night ( Sunday 9-1 ) in EURUSD, these are the errors that I found this morning:
    1. The live chart didn't have all orders that were executed as it was supposed to, I had to refresh it changing the numbers of days loaded.
    2. The Pnl from the Position page doesn't match at all with the realized and unrealized from Strategy, totally disconnected; besides with a Qty out of my regular size of trading. I decided to refresh charts and I heard how new orders were triggered.

As you can imagine this non-sense provided info, makes me feel uneasy to go "Live"; and I'd like to debug it completely without doing any refresh sort of refresh action.

Thanks

Another errors found:
    1. When I request the "Strategy performance real time" window, I got more of disconnected info besides totally non-sense details like number of bars in a trade = -106 . What's this?
    2. Execution not connected when supposed done trades

Comment

Examining all info, I realized that simply are missing executions, that for sure are affecting all calculations. So, I ask:
      - Why does this happen?
      - How can avoid it?
      - How must I set all platforms in order to have a non-technical issue automated trading?

Thanks

Comment

Just for completeness, Pier please check into your inbox we have been in touch with you on further steps to take.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, I've taken note of all your suggestions to solve the issue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist  
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans