Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting the lists of pending order

Hello

i am trying to make my automated strategy script a little bit more robust.
    I am sure that the topic has already been addressed in the forum but couldn't find it.

if the connection went down how can i update the strategy so that it knows what is the value of stop and take profit orders still waiting for execution (attaching code to onConnectionStatus() ).

I am only using managed orders instructions.

Same issue if my computer is resuming after a blue screen with pending stop loss and take profit orders and i restart the strategy.

Lionel

Lionel, thanks for the post and sorry for our late follow up - the sync would be nothing you have to supply in your code, restarting the script in those situations you would hit one of those scenarios shown here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bonjour
      Thank you, Bertrand, for this reply. But in fact the question is a little bit different.
      The strategy I am building is managing dynamicaly stop loss and target profit orders.

It could wait for a flat position before resuming which is feasible but not fully satisfing because the last position will not be managed.
      If the strategy resume immediatly there is a risk of issue as the system will not have info about pending orders.

I am in fact searching for an instruction which enable to read :
      • the position of the strategy (I have found it)
      • the list of pending stop orders
      • the list of pending take profit orders

Lionel

Comment

Hi Lionel, there's unfortunately no such collection exposed in supported NinjaScript for access - if the script is restarted NT will recalculate your strategy position and if the running orders are a 100% match it will resuse them, otherwise cancel and reissue as needed.

If you would like to look deeper 'under the hood' you can check into Account.Orders and Account.Position for example but we would not have any docs on those aspects.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AlgoDreamer, Today, 12:39 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by ninza33, Today, 12:31 PM
        1 response
        0 likes