Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Re-coding for live, advice or checklist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-coding for live, advice or checklist ?

Spent the last 6 months backtesting, and am getting ready to go live on a paper account. I have been able to find an answer to almost everything I've needed on this helpful forum, but I have a few concerns about some things I want to make sure I get right now that I'm moving towards a live strat.

I am with IB. The strategy trades 24/5, enters on a market order and exits with market stops only.

My initial concerns are about how to handle disconnections, specifically the sync account settings.

Also, because all my exits are with stop orders and it trades after RTH, I'm wondering about order simulation. From what I understand, during RTH IB will hold my stops on their servers, but after hours I don't think stop market orders are supported at all. Does this mean I have to have my code switch to simulate order = true after RTH?

And back to the disconnects then, I would like to have NT email me immediately on disconnection, and then upon reconnection only close a position if the price is below the stop. During RTH this won't be an issue, because the stop is at IB, but after hours the strategy will be simulating the orders, so it needs to re-read the orders, figure out where the strat should be, figure out my account position, and then submit the market order if the price is below it. Now, that being said, If I can access my TWS in time and see the price is about to penetrate the stop, and I exit it manually, when NT reconnects it will put me in the market in the opposite direction. I need some guidance on what is the best way to handle the situation. Are the sync account position setting available through code so I can change this based on market hours?

Lastly, where does if Historical = true/false play into this, I need my strategy to look back a handful of bars to setup a trade. Does this stop the looking back, or just placing of non current bar orders?

Thanks in advance to whoever helps me with this. I'm excited to get trading live after hundreds of hours of development.
    Last edited by waynewright33; 09-02-2013, 09:55 PM.

Hello waynewright33,

NinjaTrader will handle your disconnects depending on how you set the "ConnectionLostHandling" to. So you have 3 different options which is "KeepRunning", "Recalculate", or "StopStrategy". Synchronizing the account settings is only done when you first enable your Strategy.

Here is a link to our Help Guide that goes over the "ConnectionLossHandling" that you may view.

For Syncing Account Positions, you may view our Help Guide at the following link for the different options.

As far as simulated order after the RTH, could you clarify what you mean by this?

The "Historical" flag is only used to check to see if the Data that NinjaTrader is loading is Historical or not, it does not filter or not allow access to any data. It is mainly used to make sure that a Strategy or Indicator is processing on New Real-Time Data.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
    Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
    3 responses