Data flow problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data flow problem

Hello, I use NT with 2min time frame, YM, Zen-Fire data provider. I use BarTimer indicator for displaying remaining time of bar. When bartimer comes to zero, drawing of new bar should appear and bartime should show 2:00 (or less). But in many many cases drawing freezes, bartimer is stopped and nothing happen, even DOM doesnt show any activity. I have never watched CPU performance during freezing. After some time period (from 2 to 30 seconds !!) everythink starts working again. It is very uncomfortable ! Its not just my problem, the same has my co-worker, on both his computers. But on his faster computer it seems better. He has Striker data provider. He use also SOL Trader and there is no freezing at all (the same provider) !

Could you help me please ??

Thank you.
    Alex

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your forum post.

To troubleshoot initially please open a new Time & Sales window by clicking File > New > Time & Sales.

Next, right-click in that window and select Instruments, then load an instrument you use..

You'll see real-time data streaming in this window - please compare the timestamps reported to your PC's clock. How much of a difference are we looking at? Is there any difference between the two?

Please use the steps below to sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
    You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Once synced, please check the Time and Sales and your charts to see if they are still behind.

Please let me know if syncing the PC clock resolves the situation, or if I can be of any further assistance.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ryan, thank you very much for your post.

I do described sync directly after every start of NT. But T & S is 2-10sec behind PC clock !
      It has no effect for the issue.

Regards,
      Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the follow up.

In order for me to investigate the situation further, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your latest log and trace file:
        You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.20130903.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.20130903.txt"

Comment

Thank you very much Ryan. I will send the email you need. Thank you very much for your help
          Is there any way for changing default "Documents" directory for NT ?? Because I have two hard drives and one of them is SSD type, but it is not C: with OS. Ideal solution for me is to have Ninja Trader binaries in Program Files directory and all other data on my SSD driver. How could I do that ??
          Thank you.
          Regards,
          Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the follow up.

You can install NinjaTrader to a different directory, such as the F: drive.

During the install you will be prompted to choose an install location. By default the install location will be:
            • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7

You will need to modify the installation directory to the F: drive. With that being said, the installation will still create a NinjaTrader 7 folder within the C:\My Documents folder.

You can relocate the My Documents folder as well if you would like to the F: drive:
            Relocating "My Documents", so that the directory is stored locally on your machine and not on the network

-After relocating "My Documents" NinjaTrader will need to be reinstalled so you may want to perform this step first.
            -Corporate/Work environment, please contact your IT department.
            -Home User, open user's home folder (located under Start menu> right-click "My Documents" > select "Properties" > 'Location' tab > Move > Select a location on your local "C:" drive

For more information:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            8 responses