Market Analazer Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analazer Alerts

After 4 days I am clueless on how to get an alert on anything basic.

Need help, indicator, or direction to hire some help.

I wish to receive alerts on SMA crossover, Bollingerband Cross Over, just the basic stuff.

Never seen a platform that would do NOTHING without a custom script

Thanks for any help

MoreAces with NO ACES

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Currently within the Market Analyzer there is not an option to create an alert based on EMA or Bollinger crossovers however this can be accomplished using the Strategy Wizard and set the Strategy action as an alert.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Strategy Wizard.

You can then apply this to a chart window or within the Strategy tab of the Control Center. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Running NinjaScript Strategies.

If you would like this to be custom programmed for use within the Market Analyzer any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Strategy

ok found Condition Builder, (very helpful) created strategy with alerts (I hope) now have in Strategies tab, running on SP500 - I see an Enabled Button - how do I enable for entire list and once done and saved in workspace will it remain enable on each login
      Last edited by MoreAces; 09-03-2013, 12:23 PM. Reason: found Condition builder

Comment

Once you have the entire list added you can use Ctrl + A to select all instruments then right click and select Enable.

This will need to be enabled each day upon startup of NinjaTrader.

Comment

ok found Condition Builder, (very helpful) created strategy with alerts (I hope) now have in Strategies tab, running on SP500 - I see an Enabled Button - how do I enable for entire list and once done and saved in workspace will it remain enable on each login

Comment

NO alerts generated for true condition as follows

CrossAbove(SMA(Volume,8),EMA(Volume,55),1)

I think this would be sma 8 cross above EMA 55

I have the Data Series in the Strategies Tab set to 2500 volume (I did not see a place in the Condtions and Alerts Builder to input the data series

Comment

Within the Condition Builder you will only want to outline the SMA and EMA periods as referenced in the attached example screen shot.

The interval you would like to apply this to such as 2500 Volume will be set within the strategy parameters when adding the strategy.
              Attached Files

Comment

that is how I did it in the condition builder and in strategy tab - but I believe based on you screen shot that I changed the input series to Volume from default input
                Last edited by MoreAces; 09-03-2013, 01:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

if you already have a script running in a strategy tab and you edit the script, do you need to restart the strategy by disable and enable again or do the changes/modifications to the script take effect

Comment

I changed back to defaultinput and I have conditions set to do the following:

Sound alert
                    log alert

I have heard no sound but I did have a several messages logged at the exact time of 3:35:13 - I don't know if they were for 1 alert or several, and do not have any idea what symbol triggered the alert

Comment

After making changes to the strategy I suggest removing the strategy from Strategy tab then adding back in once again.

Please forward your strategy to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line so I may test the strategy on my end and look at the current settings.

In the message, please include the following:
                      1.) A link to this forum thread.
                      2.) Your strategy which can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Strategy folder.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreAces View Post
                        After 4 days I am clueless on how to get an alert on anything basic.

Need help, indicator, or direction to hire some help.

I wish to receive alerts on SMA crossover, Bollingerband Cross Over, just the basic stuff.

Never seen a platform that would do NOTHING without a custom script

Thanks for any help

MoreAces with NO ACES
                        Hi
                        We’ve recently launched as a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at
                        http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads/NinjaTrader_GlobalTradingTools_PressRelease_August _29_2013.pdf ).

I've seen a few questions on the forum such as those in your post and just wanted to mention that we have now built what we believe is a 'swiss army knife' of Moving Average Cross Over Alert indicators for use in Charts, Market Analyzer & Strategy development.
                        We wanted to mention this new product in case anyone looking for an easy functional solution to questions raised in this post about MA cross alerts, or for those not wanting to do their own ninjascript coding to achieve this.

The indicator currently has 8 different configurable alerts (including Audio alert which you can add your own custom sounds to, Email alert with chart attached, Pop-up windows etc), great visual Moving Average 'Cloud' display, multi-colored moving average slope lines, and much more for 12 different MA types.
                        Also includes a specific indicator to be used within Strategies or the Market Analyzer for creating crossover Alert, Cell or Filter conditions.
                        Link:
                        http://www.globaltradingtools.com/software/ultimate-moving-average-cross-alert-indicator-ninjatrader/

Thanks very much for your time and good trading!!
                        Cheers
                        Stuart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 12:06 AM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                        0 responses