Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminating Unecessary Margin on Multi Timeframe Chart

Hi,

I have both a 5-minute dataseries and Daily dataseries loaded in the same Panel (i.e., Panel 1) for the same stock. However, at the beginning of the day there is a huge amount of right side margin created as the 5-minute bars are plotting. The 5-minute bars ultimately fill in the unnecessary "white space" as we get towards the end of the day.

How do I eliminate this huge and unnecessary right side margin caused by the Daily series being plotted in the same panel as the 5-minute series?

Hello maltese,

Daily bars will be plotted on the chart at the time the session template applied to the daily data series ends.
    You will want to use a session template with an end time that is closer to the current time.

You can view/edit/create session templates in the Session Manager window. Below is a link to the Session Manager section of our help guide.

You can select the session template used by right clicking on the chart and selecting Data Series. Then in the Data Series window selecting Session template, selecting a template from the menu and pressing OK.

Please note, the time frame used for daily bars is provided by the data provider. Changing the session template used for daily bars will not impact the data, just the time stamp on the bar.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello maltese,

Daily bars will be plotted on the chart at the time the session template applied to the daily data series ends.
      You will want to use a session template with an end time that is closer to the current time.

You can view/edit/create session templates in the Session Manager window. Below is a link to the Session Manager section of our help guide.

You can select the session template used by right clicking on the chart and selecting Data Series. Then in the Data Series window selecting Session template, selecting a template from the menu and pressing OK.

Please note, the time frame used for daily bars is provided by the data provider. Changing the session template used for daily bars will not impact the data, just the time stamp on the bar.
      That's kinda what I figured. However, your solution is not workable because that means I would have to apply several different session templates throughout the day just to have my chart "look right".

Could you have technical maybe consider fixing this in some future release?

Regards

Comment

Hello maltese,

I will forward the suggestion to our development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
        0 responses
        1 view