Historical data rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brandon, hope you are ok!

MT4 has very nice and easy way to alert an used then price come to a level. Could you advice any simple indi or way how to get voice alarm then price come to a level?

Comment

Hello bisecom,

Thanks for your reply.

You can do this by right clicking on your chart and select Indicators
      Select PriceAlert
      Set the desired Price and press OK
      Now an alert will sound when the price is reached
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot Brandon. Have a good day!

Comment

Hi Brandon,
          First of all, thanks for your usual support.
          I have a question regarding market analyzer or perhaps another NT future.
          The question is how to get a signal from NT?
          I have an indicator which shows me POC for every bar. And I wish to be alerted in case if a POC appeared in last closed candle in middle of it or higher then the candle opening?

Comment

Hello bisecom,

Thanks for your reply.

This could not be done in the Market Analyzer and would require custom NinjaScript coding. If you do not know NinjaScript or do not have the time to code this we do have 3rd party partners that can create this for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/NonBroker.php#81

Comment

Dear Brandon,

Thanks fro your message and info. Will follow your suggestion. Have a nice day.

Comment

Dear Brandon, good day.
                Have additional question…
                Now I monitor S&P and use CQG data feed thru NT.
                I had no such situations before, so for me it is interesting why it is happening.
                I have charts set up for 24 hours, GMT+2 (no Regular hours session).
                When NT is opened and I receive the data feed, you can see my screen and till and of day I receive the data (you can see data till 22.00):

But on next day, when I check history, for some reasons I have no history as some candles missed:

During the days I did not change any set ups of the charts.. Could you explain what is happening?

Comment

Hello bisecom,

Thanks for your post.

As a test please exit NinjaTrader, rename your database, and test.

Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                  Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                  Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "NinjaTraderbkup.SDF."
                  Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

If this does not resolve your can exit NinjaTrader, delete the new database file, and rename the backup database file to it's original name.

If it does work then your database is corrupt. Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database would be lost if needing to use the new one- ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

Comment

Hi Brandon!
                    Thanks for your explanations and sorry for delayed reply.
                    Actually I did not understand you regarding database to be corrupt… How is it possible? J
                    I followed your instructions, but unfortunately they did not help.
                    But wish to inform you what helped me… I use a lot replay option and perhaps because of it this happened…
                    So, for me helped button “download historical data”…. All data was reloaded and chart is ok…
                    Also wish to ask you. I tried to install NT to windows 8.1 system (64bit). For some reasons I got 2 shortcut – 1 for NT and additional one for NT (64bit).
                    Which should be used for opening the program? Why I got 2 shortcuts?
                    Regards.

Comment

Hello bisecom,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear you got it working.

When installing NinjaTrader on a 64-bit computer you will have 2 icons, the 64-bit version "NinjaTrader 7(64-bit)" and the 32-bit version "NinjaTrader 7"

So long as your data provider and indicators work on the 64-bit version it is recommended to continue to use the 64-bit version as it is able to better handle large amounts of memory. CQG is 64 bit compatible

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide which includes 64-bit support information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Jon17
                      by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM