Historical Data management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data management

Hi, I've recently changed my data provider, and I would like to download and over-right all my existent data with the one offered by my new provider. Can I simply do this by downloading historical data from the Historical Data Manager? Will this automatically replace my existent data, or is there another way of doing this?

Hello yades,

Can you please proceed as follows. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the cache, tick, minute and day folders. This will remove all existing historical data.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to your new provider.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, before doing this I will save all my data.

to save all my existing data do i need to copy/paste the folders described above somewhere else in my Pc, or is it something i can do from the export window in historical data management?

Comment

It would be quicker to copy/paste the folders somewhere else in your computer. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when you do so. The minute folder contains all minute data, tick folder all tick data and the day folder holds all daily data.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in charts - it does not hold any of your historical data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          It would be quicker to copy/paste the folders somewhere else in your computer. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when you do so. The minute folder contains all minute data, tick folder all tick data and the day folder holds all daily data.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in charts - it does not hold any of your historical data.

Jason, thanks I will follow your advise. Just to be sure on things works. Assuming I download data from the historical data manager without cancelling existing data. would this only update data for missing dates, or would it over right existing data?

Comment

It depends on the existing historical data you have in NinjaTrader and the historical data you request. Please see the link below under 'When does NinjaTrader load historical data?' for information how NinjaTrader loads historical data.

Comment

real-time and historical data

Is there an input/coding logic for modifying an existing BidAsk & UpDownTick indicator so that below is possible? I have the Gomi recorder indicator but does not appear to be enough for saving bid/ask real-time.
              I would like if:
              1)Up/DownTicks loads all historical data.
              2)Bid/Ask loads and saves all real-time data, so when restarting NinjaTrader this data will still appear and continue to build from real-time.

Comment

Hello connorgrant,

Since this is a 3rd Party Add-on I am not sure what to expect of this. You may want to either see if a member of our support forum that has used this add-on before has any feedback for you on this at the following thread.

Alternatively, you may want to ask this question in the following forums that has a number of users who use this add-on as well that maybe able to help.
                Reviews, Strategies, Indicators & more | NexusFi community forum

Happy to be of further assistance.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Hasadafa  
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                11 responses