Database corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database corruption

Wasn't sure which forum to post this on so...

I have to edit minute data coming from MB Trading since they can't figure out how to fix their data feed.

Sometimes, when I click 'Save' after editing one or more prices, the 'Save' button does not grey out. Then when I close the Edit window, it asks again if I want to save the data. If I choose Yes, the window still doesn't close. I select the upper right 'x' again and it asks if I want to save the data, on and on and on.

The only way out of this is to choose 'Save' after editing data and then choosing 'No' to the question of saving when trying to exit the window.

NT is somehow getting confused about saving data. I have to then restart NT7 to bring up the workspace because if I don't the minute chart will be blank.

What is the best way to resolve this?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am not able to recreate this behavior here. Can you specify what edits you're making when this takes place so that I can test with a more similar procedure?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Try editing the price in the minute data for a day. Edit multiple lines by double clicking the O,H,L, or Close and just type in a value. If your data does not have bad ticks, the value could be one more cent or tick from what it was. Do this for a number of rows and sometimes edit the open or close as well as the high or low.

Then click the 'x' in the upper right, choose yes to save and then do it again, eventually, the problem should occur. This is how I was editing, by not choosing the 'Save' option before exiting and rather saying 'Yes' to save after clicking the upper right 'x'.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

After this problem started, I started choosing the 'Save' button before exiting but sometimes it still doesn't help.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the 'trace.20130904.txt' file.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes