Startup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup issues

Hi, I regularly encounter two problems since upgrading to the new release 7.1000.0.15:

I will follow up with an email to support with today's trace file and instruments file.

1. Sometimes NinjaTrader doesn't recognize the DLLs. It doesn't generate any error messages, so I usually don't notice the problem until after the open when the strategy isn't trading anything. In today's trace file, started NT at 6:07, noticed the problem in the log file and shut down. Then, started NT again at 7:09 and did not have the problem.

2. NinjaTrader issues a bizarre cryptic message on some of the symbols. Once a "bad" symbol is encountered, every symbol after it alphabetically is also flagged. In today's trace file, the problem started with VRSN, which of course is a valid symbol. Again, NinjaTrader does not display an error message. The only indication is a message in the log file: "Warning VRSN default". I have run into this problem before, but the reason was because the SP500 list contained a few bad symbols that were not in the list of equities symbols. That can't be the situation now because the SP500 list has been removed from the instruments.txt file.

Hello egan857,

Thank you for your post.

1. I am seeing the following message listed in your trace file:
    • 2013-09-04 06:08:02:621 Code.Editor.OnLoad: Failed to reference 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\WilsonORMapper.dll': System.ApplicationException: Could not load exported type data for assembly 'WilsonORMapper, Version=4.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and type 'Wilson.ORMapper.ObjectSpace'. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\System.Data.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

What .NET framework are you running on your PC? You can check this by going to the Windows Start Menu > Control Panel > Program and Features > Microsoft .Net Framework > you may also need to check the 'Turn Windows features on or off' window to see what .Net Framework is listed in here as well.

2. When receiving the following message does the strategy disable for the instrument? Do you still receive real-time and historical data for the instrument after the message is received?
    • 2013-09-04 07:14:57:251 Db.Globals.StrategyUpdateJob3: WARNING: VRSN Default

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

1. I'm running Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Extended. If I was running the wrong version of .Net, then I would have encountered this problem the second time NT started that day.

2. It's just a weird message. The strategy does enable, I can receive real-time and historical data, and it does trade.

Comment

Hello egan857,

1. This not that you are running the wrong version of .NET as Windows 7 comes preloaded with .NET 3.5 which is what NinjaTrader uses but matter when you are trying to repair the .NET which maybe corrupted which is causing all of the issues.

Please follow the instructions below to repair Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on your PC.

Download and run the .Net 4 installer from below. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Once ran you will receive two options if .Net 4 is installed.

Select "Repair .Net Framework 4 to its original state"

Click "Next" and follow other prompts

Once the setup application is finished it may ask you to restart your computer, even if it does not please do so.

Please retest your issue and see if it is resolved.

2. How large is your database file?

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm confused. I just responded that I'm using .Net Framework 4 and you're telling me to upgrade from 3.5 to 4. I will do the upgrade but I don't think it will do anything. Besides, as I mentioned before, if I was on the .Net is causing the problem, why would NinjaTrader die at 6:00 and then work at 7:00? The problem cannot be .Net if NinjaTrader works sometimes and not others.

Please do not wait for me to upgrade .Net to the version it is currently on. What other possibilities could cause this problem?

When I have my simulations running full-throttle, I will add about 200MB to the database file in one day! That means that I have had to reset the database almost daily this year. On almost every day, I start the day at around 20MB and end the day around 200MB, but never over 250MB.

Comment

Hello egan857,

You stated that you have .NET Framework 4 installed which is fine, but in order to try to resolve this we will need to run a repair of the .NET Framework.

Depending on what version of .NET Framework you currently have installed the instructions are different. You should not need to upgrade as you already have it installed if you see it inside of the Program and Features.

Comment

OK, I repaired .Net Release 4. I started up NT and did not get the error message. BUT, I didn't get the error message this morning before the repair either. The problem is that this is happening intermittently, so the problem is still not solved to my satisfaction. I have no reason to believe the problem was called by a faulty .Net installation because it works sometimes and not others.

Comment

Hello egan857,

The error message was referring to "System.Data.dll" which is apart of the .NET Framework which is the most likely cause of this error.

If you get this error message again please let us know and we can look into this further.

Comment

Hi JC,

This problem has not recurred since I repaired the .Net framework. Not only is this issue closed, but I owe you an apology. You were correct and I am sorry for being so terse in the previous two messages.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin