Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blank charts after reinstalling NT 7.0.1000.15

Hello,

I moved to a new computer and uninstalled an older version of NT, and reinstalled 7.0.1000.15. I am now getting blank charts, but not 100% of the time. Don't know if it's due to the upgrade or if something is weird with the new computer setup (Windows 8).

My historical data appears intact (I imported known good data), my connection is live, I've restarted NT several times, tried resetting instruments, but still getting blank charts intermittently.

I get the same results with a live connection to MBTrading and Kinetick.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello Smiley,

Can you please disconnect MBTrading and Kinetick and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if all charts load the requested data.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did both. That seems to have done the trick. It's been running for 24 hours and no issues with blank charts.

Thanks.

Comment

blank charts

Hello,

After a couple of days or non-stop running, after turning everything off over the weekend and starting back up I've had continuing problems with blank charts, this time with Kinetick (subscription). If I repair DB, it did not fix the problem. I reset the db cache and it appeared to fix the problem, however, even when I do get charts my orders for AUDCHF will not be accepted IF I'm connected to Kinetick first. I get the message: " MBTrading. Unable to submit order now: no quotes available afftected Order: Sell 3000 Market". Not sure if these are both related. The order will go through on other currency pairs. If I disconnect from Kinetick and only stay connected to MBTrading, then the charts appear and the trades go through.

Help with why this is happening is appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Hello Smiley,

Unfortunately this is as expected. When trading with MBTrading, you will need to be connected to MBTrading first in NinjaTrader. If you are connected to a different connection, orders can reject as per the error you report.

Comment

Does that mean Kinetick cannot be used as the primary data feed, and MBT as secondary?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You can connect that way, however you will experience issues upon submitting orders. If you trade live, please connect to MBTrading first.

Comment

Hello,

Since the last post I switched brokers to FXCM and trading strategies against a demo account on one workspace, and using Sim101 on a different workspace on different pairs. I'm connecting to Kinetick first, then FXCM. The workspace with active strategies has been running fine, however, the 2nd workspace using Sim101 went to blank charts after I tried changing from daily to minute bars. I cannot get the charts back regardless of what period I try to set. Historical data in the data manager appears to be all there.

The only way I've fixed blank charts in the past is to either rest DB and restart NT, or just restart NT, but this seems to be a recurring problem. Is there any other fix so that I don't have to shut down NT? This seems to happen frequently, sometimes a couple times a week.

Thanks.

Comment

I will need to find a reproducible scenario to troubleshoot the issue. Do you notice any consistency between the occurrences? Do you get blank charts each time you switch from daily to minute bars?

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, login failed: blank charts after reinstalling NT 7.0.1000.15' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

I sent the log and trace files. Unfortunately I haven't been able to pinpoint an action to reproduce it on demand. I just closed out the connections, closed NT, restarted NT, and went through my normal procedure for connecting and enabling the strategies, returned to the Sim101 workspace and all charts are working fine again. I've changed from minutes, to days, to ticks and no problems as of right now.

Comment

It just happened again right after I finished my last reply. I tried changing back to the daily bars from 60M, and now I can't get EURUSD & GBPUSD charts to load, regardless of aggregation.

Comment

Hello Smiley,

I responded to your email but here is what I found.

2013-10-02 02:08:10:397 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                        2013-10-02 02:08:10:397 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

This error typically indicates that when NinjaTrader needed to access a file it was prevented due to Anti Virus, Automated Backup, or Scanning software in most cases.

In your Anti Virus software locate the option to add the My Documents ->NinjaTrader 7 folder to the Anti Virus Excluded directory list for the active file scanner or the resident shield/real-time protection shield. Turn off any Automated Backup and Scanning software while running NinjaTrader.

Let us know if this persists after the changes.
                        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
                          Hello Smiley,

I responded to your email but here is what I found.

2013-10-02 02:08:10:397 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                          2013-10-02 02:08:10:397 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

This error typically indicates that when NinjaTrader needed to access a file it was prevented due to Anti Virus, Automated Backup, or Scanning software in most cases.

In your Anti Virus software locate the option to add the My Documents ->NinjaTrader 7 folder to the Anti Virus Excluded directory list for the active file scanner or the resident shield/real-time protection shield. Turn off any Automated Backup and Scanning software while running NinjaTrader.

Let us know if this persists after the changes.
                          I found the settings in AVG Advanced options and excluded that folder from both scans and resident shield. I also verified no automated scanning is scheduled.

Hopefully this does the trick! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Brevo