X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Strategy's position and Position's positions

Hi ninjas,

I'm sorry for a confusing title, this is the case:

I'm in trials for my Algo, just in simulation. So far, the code works well, but I've noted some curious thing. Sometimes there are missin executions in the page of NT, which implies that the Strategy's position and the Positions's position doesn't match. In my case, the position in strategy tab is Long 100.000 EURUSD but in Position tab is 200.000 Long, which it's even more rare cause the Algo just buy and sell 100.000 for each side.

This is just normal in simulation but whenever it goes to "live", the synced between accounts avoid this kind of events?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

This can happen because the Strategy Position is going to be a virtual Position so there may be other orders, such as manual order or another Strategy that may have placed an order that could be effecting your account.

The following thread will go over an example of this in detail that you may view.

There is an option to "Sync account position" that you may use in your Automated Strategy to be able to synchronize your Strategy Position with your Account Positions if you would like. Here is a video demonstration on the different options and how NinjaTrader will synchronize your Strategy to your account that you may view.
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates the differences between Strategy positions and Account positions and how to sy...

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm pretty aware of it cause I was told long time ago, but my question is: This can occurs in simulation mode, but this can't happen when I go "live" and have my accounts synced, right?

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

It can happen in both Live and in Simulation, but as long as you have your Account Synced before you start your Strategy you should not see this happen.

So after you start up NinjaTrader and connect to your Broker, you may just want to check the Position tab.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses