Script doesn't run with historical status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script doesn't run with historical status

This enclosed script and output windows shows that the historical status is True. But I'm running this script during the day the status can't be historical. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere ?
    Attached Files

This is because the print statement you have is placed just before the return;

Code:
                           if (Historical)
    			{
    				Print("Yep, its this historical thing " );
    				return;
    			}
    When a strategy or indicator is applied to a chart it will first process all the historical bars.

This check you have is going to prevent further processing of your calculations but will not stop OnBarUpdate from being called initially.
    All these prints you're seeing are on historical data. If you were to place the print after the return or you were to clear the output window and let it run in real time you would not see additional prints

Let me know if I can further assist
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I changed the Prints and put one before and one after the 'if (historical)'.
      The output window shows the first one but not the second, so this must mean that it first processes the historical bars that are on the chart( that's why there's multiple point 1 prints) then it catches up to the current time. But if that's true why doesn't it go on and print the point 2 print ? Hmmm.

Comment

This is because return is a programming keyword. It causes a method, OnBarUpdate() in this case, to be exited without further processing.

C# jump statements (break, continue, return, and goto) unconditionally transfer control from the current location to a different statement.

If you're interested getting up an running more quickly with NinjaScript I'd recommend looking into this class we offer: http://www.ninjatrader.com/PremiumEducation.php

Let me know if I can further assist.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Opps, sorry you're right, this script is running. The prints are showing up OK now. Just didn't give it enough time before. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bill2023