• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

split adjustment & volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

split adjustment & volume

Hi,

I am using Kinetick data and by reading various threads on the topic of split adjustment I became aware that it is not possible to have both intraday & daily/weekly data adjusted correctly at the same time. This really is a shame, but as I read about some workarounds the PRICE issue may be something I can get handled.

Unfortunately the VOLUME adjustment (or lack thereof) is a topic that nobody seems to have brought up yet, so I'll do it now:

I want to suggest an option that would also adjust volume in the inverse proportion of the split, so that price * volume remains the same before and after split adjustment. Or put another way: if a stock does a 10:1 split (price dropping to a tenth) volume will increase by a factor of 10 (if I bought 500 shares worth 100,000$ before the split I will now hold 5,000 shares that I will need to sell to close my position).

Cheers,
    NutFlush

Hello NutFlush,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward the suggestion for such an option to development to put it on the list of possible future enhancements.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list and has been assigned to ID# 2545.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cirzonorkecv, Yesterday, 11:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cirzonorkecv  
      Started by rickyblah12, Yesterday, 01:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes