Issue charging bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue charging bars

I have a strange issue that I don't know how to solve.

When I start a system after restarting ninja (I trade with IB and it's my main datafeed if this helps) the systems give wrong buy/sell signals. I suspect this is due to the fact that bars aren't correctly charged and indicators aren't correctly calculated.

If I wait 1 hour after the ninja restart and then I start the strategies everything goes fine. I set far more than enough bars on the strategy to be sure that this doesn't happen but the result is the same when starting a strategy after the ninja restart.

Is there any way to solve it?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When connected to IB there is a X millisecond update therefore you may see different data real time due to the update interval within NinjaTrader when compared to historical data that is reloaded from their servers which would also change indicator values, High, Low, etc.

The IB charts use a special function that also includes the high and low data and NinjaTrader relies on the pure live data stream.

I have submitted your request the NT do this into development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform and has been assigned ID #1822 for tracking.

The only workaround is to connect to a data provider updates real time. If you are looking for a data provider only for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I already use kinetick as a secondary datafeed. Unfortunately bid/ask data is different from IB. So, I'm forced to use IB as the main.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin