TradeStation + Ninja DLL + Zenfire + Mirus Futures broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation + Ninja DLL + Zenfire + Mirus Futures broker

We are in the process of setting up the following combination (link): TradeStation + Ninja DLL + Zenfire + Mirus Futures broker.

Question is: When using NinjaTrader connected to Zenfire (at Mirus broker) to do automated trading do you recommend to shut down (close) and then "re-open" the Ninja platform each day? Or is ninja stable enough to open the application on sunday at 5pm (then connect to zenfire) and then leave the ninja platform open for the remainder of the trading week until the close of the week at Friday 4:00 PM central time?? What is recommended here?

Thank you.

Regards

Rod

Hello Rod,

There are no issues of stability that I am aware of between NinjaTrader and Zen-Fire. Typically, the most limiting factor would be the stability of your modem/ISP to maintain a connection between the two but otherwise you should not have any issues with what you have proposed.

With that said, we do recommend even if running an automated Strategy that you keep an eye on your account in case an order is rejected you can manually handle this.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JC, thank you for your reply. Are you saying that once I open Ninja on sunday i can leave it open all week, without any need to "shut-down" and then immediately "re-open" the ninjatrader platform (application)??

Comment

Hello Rod,

You may keep NinjaTrader open that long if you wish yes.

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Rod,

I would like to inquire on how things are working out for you integrating TradeStation and NinjaTrader ~ I am looking to basically the same thing.

Rick

Comment

Hello Rick,

If you wanted to try this out yourself as well you can set this up using the Free Version of NinjaTrader. Note you would only be able to submit orders to the Sim101 account which is locally held on your PC.

First, you would just need real-time data into NinjaTrader for the instrument that you want to test out trading. If you have real-time data in TS then you can push the data into NinjaTrader using the following steps from the link below.

Then if you want to use the DLL interface with NinjaTrader you can change the code in your TS strategy. We have a sample of how this can be done in our Help Guide.

I will leave this thread open for other users to comment on their experience.

Comment

Thank you NinjaTrader_JC... Also, I am looking to have my stop orders "Server Side" and not local... how does this work if I am using TradeStation as a data feed?
              Would I have to use Rithmic or the like in addition to TradeStation?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Rick, yes you would need another connection to submit orders then, as with TradeStation it would not be an open API offered that would let us actually submit orders to them, however you can use it as data source and also take it's signals generated via email or dll to execute them then on NT.

To see where your orders reside on any of our supported brokerage connections, please check into this resource - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand/Others,

I am looking to use TradeStation for data/charts and not for orders. I would send orders through NinjaTrader to a separate Broker.

I guess what I am foggy about is do I need to use a separate data feed such as Kinetick, Rithmic, etc. to have my orders executed through the NinjaTrader platform?

Thanks...

Comment

Hello RickAce,

The Brokerage Technology that you connect to inside of NinjaTrader will be able to give you real-time data for the instruments that you are trading.

The only time you would need to have a separate data feed connection would be if the Brokerage Technology that you are connected to does not support the Historical Data that you need for your trading.

The following link to our Help Guide will break down what Historical Data each Brokerage Technology supports to see if you need a additional data provider.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

After reviewing the link supplied under the heading "Historical Tick Data" for TradeStation (TS) it states "NO"? TradeStation does supply "Historical Tick Data"...

Does this mean that NinjaTrader will not load it or is this information about TS out of date?

p.s. Sorry for the "bold" text but I could not get it to turn off after pasting "
                      Historical Tick Data" (Firefox v27.0.1)

Comment

Hello Rick,

Basically put loading Historical Data from TradeStation requires exporting the data to a text file from TS and them importing it into NinjaTrader but Tick data is not designed to be exported in the method that we use.

That being said, I would focus on the data that your Brokerage Technology is going to support as you would not be able to use Real-Time TradeStation Data in NinjaTrader and submit orders to your broker as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aussugardefender  
                        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                        14 responses
                        0 likes