Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaccurate real time charting?

Hi
    I use 3 minute candle sticks for US stocks with IB. I noticed the NT charts are not 100% the same as the ones in IB during real time trading. I have to right click on a chart and then click "reload all historical data", then their charts become in sync. After a little while, they are out of sync again. I thought it might be IB's data. So I switched to Kinetick. It is the same.

This poses a big problem because my back testing is done on historical data. If real time bar painting on the screen is different than historical, then my back testing is useless.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

Hello sys_trader,

Thank you for your forum post.

To troubleshoot, please open a new Time & Sales window by clicking File > New > Time & Sales.

Next, right-click in that window and select Instruments, then load an instrument you use..

You'll see real-time data streaming in this window - please compare the timestamps reported to your PC's clock.

How much of a difference are we looking at for the two instruments? Is there any difference between the two?

Please use the steps below to sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Once synced, please check the Time and Sales and your charts to see if they are still behind.

Please let me know if syncing the PC clock resolves the situation, or if I can be of any further assistance please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your latest log and trace file:
    You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named "log.20130912.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named "trace.20130912.txt"
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan. Charting accuracy has improved a lot after I synced my PC clock with Microsoft's time server. I can live with it now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post aussugardefender  
      Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes