Do I need a multibroker license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a multibroker license?

Hello I am wondering about multi broker vs single broker license.

Let's say I am using the same broker but my data connections are coming from different providers, would I need a multi broker license for that?

Or let's say I am using 2 different brokers but the same data provider, can that be done on a single broker license?

Or I am using 2 different brokers, who are both using the same clearing agent, will that work on a single broker?

Sorry if this is confusing, but thanks for the help.

Hi jecoble12,

Thank you for your interest in trading live with NinjaTrader.

1. If your broker offers you multiple different connections then you would need to use a Multi-Broker License. A Single-Broker License is enabled to work with one technology at a time and the Multi-Broker enables you to work with any supported technology provider within the same installation.

2. Whether you can use a Single-Broker when using multiple brokers based on a shared technology is typically not possible since shared technologies are limited to one active connection within NinjaTrader. If trading in this manner then you would want a separate Single-Broker license for multiple installations.

3. In any case when viewing multiple accounts it would be possible to use a Single-Broker license if each account is configured as part of a single connection in NinjaTrader, which is typically possible only when you have multiple accounts with the same broker.

In general you will need a Multi-Broker License when you are live trading multiple brokerage accounts, but for your trading needs I would be glad to answer any questions you have if you can follow-up at sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com based on the brokers you are considering and your specific aims.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm posting here due to the forum problems...

Is the Multi-Broker License affecting the feeds and the execution? or just the execution?

What I mean is on a Single Broker License, can I use 2 different connections (e.g. FXCM for Forex and CQG for Futures) to power the charts... but then only CQG for futures trading execution?

I would just like to have some forex charts in there also.. but not trade them

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In the scenario you've outlined, you would be connecting NinjaTrader to two different brokerage services. Even if you do not intend to trade through one of the brokerage connections a multi-broker license would still be required.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes