Session manager agricultural RTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session manager agricultural RTH

Seems that there is an error in the Session Manager Agricultural RTH. You have 9:30 am (CT) listed as open, when it is in fact 8:30 am : http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agri...fications.html

Am I correct?

Originally posted by crosscreek View Post
    Seems that there is an error in the Session Manager Agricultural RTH. You have 9:30 am (CT) listed as open, when it is in fact 8:30 am : http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agri...fications.html

Am I correct?
    I think you are correct. You can simply change the session template to reflect the actual trading hours.

Comment

The error extends to ETH as well. Correct hours are:

RTH Mon - Fri 8:30am to 1:15pm
      ETH Sunday 7:00pm to Monday 7:45am
      Monday 8:30am to 1:15pm
      Monday 7:00pm to Tuesday 7:45am
      Tuesday 8:30am to 1:15pm
      etc..

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please specify the exact name of the template you're working with? There are a few different agricultural templates available is why I ask.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please specify the exact name of the template you're working with? There are a few different agricultural templates available is why I ask.
          The templates are

"CBOT Agriculturals RTH"
          "CBOT Agriculturals ETH"

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

The correct hours should be in place within the Session Manager by default. Which version of NinjaTrader are you using currently? (Help > About)

Comment

corn, soybeans
              you put ZS or ZC in NT and use instrument settings, you get that incorrect sessions manager.

Comment

Hello,

The correct hours should be in place within the Session Manager by default. Which version of NinjaTrader are you using currently? (Help > About)

Comment

The hours listed by default are not correct. I am using NT 7.0.1000.15. RTH ags do not start at 9:30am (CT), but at 8:30.

Comment

Hello,

I have checked the default settings and by default, NinjaTrader will have the CBOT Agriculturals RTH as having hours from 8:30 AM - 1:15 PM Central Time.

If you do not have this setting you can return to the defaults by resetting your database.
                    Resetting the database will also remove historical executions, ATM strategies, as well as custom created instruments in the instrument manager.

To do this:
                    • Click Tools -> Options... -> select the Data tab -> click the Reset DB button

Please let me know if after resetting the database your CBOT Agriculturals RTH session template is showing the wrong hours.
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The hours listed by default are not correct. I am using NT 7.0.1000.15. RTH ags do not start at 9:30am (CT), but at 8:30.
                      My hours were not correct either. So I have changed them to what I wanted. This takes 2 minutes of your time. I the end it is your responsibility as a trader to check the trading hours of your instrument and make sure that the session template matches these hours. This is what you did.

You should further make sure that the correct session template is pre-selected under instrument settings.

In case that you use NinjaTrader for several years without reinstalling it or resetting the database (this is my case), then the session templates are still set up as they were several years ago. In case that CME changes their trading times, as they did in November 2012, it is your responsibility to change the session template accordingly, as NinjaTrader will not override them automatically. This is in fact a good solution because the last thing I would like, is that NinjaTrader overrides my custom templates. I like to be responsible for what I am doing.
                      Last edited by Harry; 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

find your tone a bit condescending. This should not be an end user problem.

Comment

find your tone a bit condescending. This should not be an end user problem.
                          Sorry, if I did not find the right tone. But in the end there is no other option:

-> either all templates are automatically updated (in this case you do not know what is happening)
                          -> or they are not automatically updated (in this case you have to modify them manually, when the exchange introduces new trading hours)

As NinjaTrader_ChelseaB has pointed out, you can manually update the session templates and the instrument manager from time to time by resetting the database. This is probably the best possible compromise between the two options above.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Belfortbucks  
                          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post zstheorist