Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader + IB + realtime quotes FROM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader + IB + realtime quotes FROM?

Hello!

I just leased the Ninjatrader and I connected to my IB account. That worked well. But now I need realtime quotes and I dont know which provider I should use? I want to trade the DAX Future (FDAX). Is the data from IB good enough? What fits best to the NT?

Thank you for any help!

plizer

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The existing data provided through your Interactive Brokers account should allow access to FDAX.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

I read about problems with the realtime quotes from IB, because it delivers the quotes just in a 5 seconds interval. Does this problem still exist? Is everything fine with importing the quotes from IB in the newst version?

Thank you!

plizer

Comment

Hello plizer,

It does not deliver quotes in a 5 seconds interval. However IB does not provide true tick data - they provide snapshot data. Real-time data is updated every 250 milliseconds and historical data every 300 milliseconds.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply.

Is there a quote provider that you can recommend? Are there providers that delivers the quotes in NinjaTrader faster than IB?

Thank you!

Comment

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

Comment

Ice

hi, I can not start a new topic, I don't know why. My question is:
              Kinetic supports the ICE market (Sugar, Cocoa etc ...). Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello LifeMirage,

Unfortunately there are issues with the forum at this time which does not allow you to create new topics, see the message below.

NinjaTrader Users: Please note we are currently experiencing some issues with our forums that we are diligently working to resolve. If you are currently in need of NinjaTrader application support and unable to post on our forum please e-mail [email protected]

Unfortunately the ICE exchange is not supported with Kinetick.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello LifeMirage,

Unfortunately there are issues with the forum at this time which does not allow you to create new topics, see the message below.

NinjaTrader Users: Please note we are currently experiencing some issues with our forums that we are diligently working to resolve. If you are currently in need of NinjaTrader application support and unable to post on our forum please e-mail [email protected]

Unfortunately the ICE exchange is not supported with Kinetick.
                  Thank you for your answer. In the future, you think, kinetic add the ICE market?

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have information if and when the ICE exchange will be supported with Kinetick.

Comment

Hi,
                      I noticed in the last period that some days FDAX and FESX (Eurex Markets) show a wrong open (prices around 0) creating monster bars on the charts, reloading all historical data solves the issue but it obviously need everyday monitoring which is disappointing, any information about this issue?
                      Hi
                      Smodato

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which data source are you using with NinjaTrader currently?
                        Do you see the bad ticks currently or has reloading seemingly corrected the issue?

Comment

Hi, I'm using IB . The problem does not occur every day but from time to time and when it comes it is there on different computers, located on different servers (so it does not depend on a random mistake of one machine). Reloading all historical data works showing proper bars BUT it also happened twice (once per computer on completely different days) that everything disappeared on those charts and no further plot was possible, Ninja had to be shut down, database repaired and then it worked again.
                          Please not it happens only with EUREX data so I suppose there is something also related to the market.
                          Bye
                          Smodato

Comment

Hello,

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)
                            Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)

Comment

7.00.14 with TWS 938.1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM