Bar Spacing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Spacing Issue

I have a problem with adjusting the bar spacing on a particular chart (see graphic below). When I first created the chart, I could change the bar spacing right down to minimum by click/dragging on the time axis. After some time, I'm no longer able to do this. I often change the time frame of this chart by typing in "60M" or "15M", or whatever. Somewhere along the line, when I changed the timeframe, the bar spacing lost some of it's capability.

Specifically, what I'm showing here is a 60M chart and I can't get the bars any closer. If I switch to 15M, then the bar just show up tightly together. Is there any way to get the bars on the 60M (or any timeframe that is not displayed as desired) to compress together again, as before?

I change timeframes on single instrument charts frequently, with no issue. It's only on multi instrument charts where the problem occurrs.

Hope this all makes sense.
    Attached Files

Hi,

I know of some issues with this feature that we're looking at re-testing in the next major release.

In terms of the behavior you're reporting, how many days to load on set on that chart? Once the chart is in this state, can you get it to act as expected again by increasing the number of days to load?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I think I figured out something. I have 3 panes/instruments, and didn't realize not all panes were loading same number of days. I set all 3 to same number of days, and the problem seemed to disappear. Then I switched one pane back to a different number of days, played with several periodicity changes, and the problem came back. Switched to all panes loading same number of days, and viola, problem gone again

So, as far as I'm concerned, this issue is resolved for me. Hopefully this helps provide some insight on what might be causing this.

Take Care,
      Bob

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the update. Yep, that is in line with what we're aware of. Let me know if you get 'stuck' here and we know that all data series have an equal amount of bars.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rehmans
        by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
        0 responses