Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible to get a real time demo?

Hi,

I know this is a broker issue but I was wondering if anyone here could help me out;

I signed up for 3 different broker demo accounts to test Ninja, however none of them provide real-time quotes ?

I charted the following futures; soybean (ZS) FTSE100 (Z) E-mini (ES) & the Euro Bund (FGBL) all with the correct contract month.

If I am lucky I get 1 of those to actually update in real-time, while the other only "update" if I click reload all historical data..

Can anyone suggest a broker which isn't too cheap to provide a _full_ working demo instead of only ~1 instrument?

Just to give an example how bad the data is;

Right now I updated my FTSE chart on Optimus and I seem to be getting a complete blank chart (while I had data on it before the update)..

Or with Minus; I opened FDAX on the 1m timeframe and I got more gaps than actual data. When I "reload all historical data" the gaps are gone and I get a nicely filled chart.

I don't get it, isn't a demo suppose to convince potential customers?

I really like the Ninja platform but these data providers seem like a joke?

Comment

The majority of our supported Futures data providers will provide real-time data for US CME Futures by default

For your Eurex products your demo accounts are likely not setup for real-time data and what you're seeing is historical data from NinjaTrader data servers.

Have you spoken to any of your providers and asked about getting a real-time demo specifically for Eurex?

We cannot recommend one broker over another, but I can assure you can get a real-time demo for the most popular products.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes you are right, the popular US futures work a lot better. Thanks!

Comment

I would still like a demo which supports Eurex products, can anyone suggest a broker who can offer this?

Comment

Hi,

I've checked with Mirus and their demos should work with Eurex data. If the data is not coming in real time, please reach out to your account representative and they can troubleshoot this situation further.

Comment

With Mirus I opened FDAX on the 1m timeframe and I got more gaps than actual data. When I "reload all historical data" the gaps are gone and I get a nicely filled chart.

Comment

I have a stable 60mbit connection (via an UTP cable) and I'm sure my end is fine.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes